Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Philatelic Discussions (Non Country Specific)
 Topical Stamp Collecting

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Thematic : Elephants.

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

jamesw
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
5216 Posts

Posted 04/06/2012  8:02 pm  Show Profile Check jamesw's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Someone suggested this should be posted here.

Elephant ancestor Stegodon Ganesa. Apparently their tusks grew so close together, their trunk had to hang over to the side.

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

stamp4life
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts

Posted 04/07/2012  02:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamp4life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Splendid! I will be adding some scans of the elephant stamps that I have!

our_elephant
Valued Member

India
176 Posts

Posted 04/08/2012  10:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add our_elephant to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Friends.. am in a doubt, I have the cover above posted by Jamesw and the below cover, I plan to use one of them in my elephant thematic exhibit (when I prepare one), which one do you suggest to use.

Black_Jack
Valued Member
United States
29 Posts

Posted 04/08/2012  11:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Black_Jack to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

@our_elephant

I guess both cover good to display..its two different item\

one is FDC \

other one commercial cover to Israel with CENSOR with nice pair of franking only

with elephants stamps ( Not mixed franking )

our_elephant
Valued Member

India
176 Posts

Posted 04/08/2012  11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add our_elephant to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi!
Can you please tell me difference between "Pair of franking" and "mixed franking".

our_elephant
Valued Member

India
176 Posts

Posted 04/09/2012  11:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add our_elephant to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Rhodesia 1958 used Wraper,with elephant cancellation, OHMS with stamping "Official Free".
(Part of my attempt to collect as much as different philatelic materials on my topic ELEPHANT)

stamp4life
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts

Posted 04/11/2012  02:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamp4life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I hope this is a new one and not posted before ! Enjoy!

our_elephant
Valued Member

India
176 Posts

Posted 04/11/2012  09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add our_elephant to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

A cover from Vietnam

our_elephant
Valued Member

India
176 Posts

Posted 04/12/2012  09:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add our_elephant to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Elephant God Ganesha
Nepal 2010 Official FDC

our_elephant
Valued Member

India
176 Posts

Posted 04/12/2012  10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add our_elephant to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Upper Volta 1960 Issue. Animal Masks.
SG81:30F
SG82:40F
SG83:50F

our_elephant
Valued Member

India
176 Posts

Posted 04/13/2012  09:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add our_elephant to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Even thought the Elephant is not there on foreground we can see a mastodon on the background of this US stamp.

our_elephant
Valued Member

India
176 Posts

Posted 04/14/2012  01:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add our_elephant to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Burma Postally Used FDC on 07-november-2010 (registered usage)

our_elephant
Valued Member

India
176 Posts

Posted 04/14/2012  11:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add our_elephant to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Censored Greeting inland used by forces From India to UK.. (Free Postage)

our_elephant
Valued Member

India
176 Posts

Posted 04/21/2012  12:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add our_elephant to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

A Cover sent from Indian state of Patiala to Belochistan (At present a part of Pakistan.

our_elephant
Valued Member

India
176 Posts

Posted 04/21/2012  03:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add our_elephant to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

An elephant cover sent to Costa Rica, but returned, dont know why, the same guy got it when I had sent it again to same address.

Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.31 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05