Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Subscribe to Linn's Stamp News!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Philatelic Discussions (Non Country Specific)
 Topical Stamp Collecting

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

ATM - FRAMA - Variable Rate stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

kug
Valued Member
174 Posts

Posted 02/28/2012  08:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kug to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for clarification

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

Puzzler
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
6450 Posts

Posted 02/28/2012  08:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I have one, Germany 2002 mailbox, like your first ones but it measures 28mm across the value, including the Euro symbol.

kug
Valued Member
174 Posts

Posted 02/28/2012  09:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kug to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

BTW, nice website about ATM

kug
Valued Member
174 Posts

Posted 02/28/2012  09:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kug to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Puzzler,

do you have some ATM of Potugal , depicte dinosaurs on it, for exchange ?

Puzzler
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
6450 Posts

Posted 02/28/2012  09:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Kug, What you see here is basically what I have at the moment. I am just going through kiloware and finding what I can but I am slow at it. If I find any I will keep you in mind.

That is not my ATM site but a collector in Germany I believe. It is a nice site though. There are a few others around. I just wanted to put some info with what I have posted so far is all.

kug
Valued Member
174 Posts

Posted 02/28/2012  09:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kug to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Do you know any other ATM with Dinosaurs, fossil, or any other kind of prehistoric animals on it ?

Puzzler
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
6450 Posts

Posted 02/28/2012  09:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

No, not yet I haven't seen any. I did see a stamp with a small brontosaurus I think that I thought most people would miss. I will go find that in my many piles here and post it for you, I guess on the dinosaur thread.

kug
Valued Member
174 Posts

Posted 02/28/2012  09:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kug to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Is it ATM or definitive stamp ?

Puzzler
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
6450 Posts

Posted 02/28/2012  12:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Stamp I think. I had to go looking and found that Italy has not many ATM stamps. I think I have some in that kiloware but didn't know they were ATMs. I have not found that dinosaur but will keep an eye out.

Good site I just found on Italian stamps. In Italian but just use some translation service like Google to translate the page over. Lots of info.
http://www.ibolli.it/index.php

I think, so far, that Italy had Priority stamps plus labels which possibly were machine ATM-like labels but do not now.

For ATM's and FRAMA's the denomination value will look like it was printed on after the label was made. Stamps look like the denomination was printed with the stamps same colours and ink. Not a fool-proof method but a start to tell the difference.

Edited by Puzzler - 02/28/2012 4:25 pm

kug
Valued Member
174 Posts

Posted 02/29/2012  05:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kug to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Puzzler,

I guess your friend forget to mentioned Singapore 1998 ATM stamps on his web site.

Puzzler
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
6450 Posts

Posted 02/29/2012  09:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

On eBay I see these are called an unfolded booklet. Are they dispensed by an automatic stamp machine or sold over the counter at the post office? I do not have a catalogue, use the one at the library when I can get there.

Puzzler
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
6450 Posts

Posted 02/29/2012  09:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I guess they are dispensed by machine. On this site the below site link they are counted among the regular-looking stamps that you can buy as a booklet form from machine.
http://www.stampprinters.info/SPI_ATM%20stamps.htm

That is OK and good.

What I meant this topic about was for the ATM (German Kussendorf) dispensed or Frama (sometimes called) labels like most of those shown above. The ATM here is an abbreviation for the German Automatenmarken, which, now that I think of it, may be the word that would have been used for ATM dispensed regular stamps if Germany had had any of those.

Never mind me, I am confused more than normal today.

Edited by Puzzler - 02/29/2012 09:58 am

kug
Valued Member
174 Posts

Posted 02/29/2012  09:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kug to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I have to ask. I just been told today by some fellow collector, this stamps are ATM.

Puzzler
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
6450 Posts

Posted 02/29/2012  10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I am not sure about other country's stamps and what kind of machine they use. Here in Canada the ATM means automatic teller machine and is located at a bank and dispenses money and, if they exist, stamp booklets made to be dispensed by this type of machine.

The ATM (German word) is located at a post office usually and dispenses one stamp at a time that is printed on at the time of dispensing with the value or denomination needed and paid for by the customer.

Canada (and I think USA) ATM machines, and seemingly Singapore ones also, dispense booklets of stamps and do not print on the stamps as they are dispensed so that a customer can get variable rate stamps. The stamps are all the same rate.

Somewhat confusing I know and I don't mean to nit pick, just trying to make things clearer than they were.

kug
Valued Member
174 Posts

Posted 02/29/2012  10:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kug to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Interesting explanation

You are completely right about ATM in Germany, they are placed by post offices and print a value on a template stamp according to customer choise. Moreover they give you a change with stamps rather than coins.
I had a lot of ATM stamps with value 1-5 cents (my change).
If you need some German ATM stamps - let me know.

Edited by kug - 02/29/2012 10:22 am
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.45 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05