Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Philatelic Discussions (Non Country Specific)
 Main Stamp Collecting Forum
Share this topic!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Stamps for Veterans

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Donna Merkle
Valued Member

United States
373 Posts

Posted 06/20/2011  06:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Donna Merkle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

Hi All,

I know what you are all probably thinking...."Well, look who's back posting on the boards!" Yepppers, it's me.

I have been busy with "life" and all it's ups, downs, backwards and forwards. Now that the roller coaster ride has slowed down a bit I was going through my collection. I have had time for that. I've noticed that my collection now does have a sense of organization, but there are stamps that I will probably never get to. I just seem to be sticking them away in "that box".

I came across an article about donating stamps to veterans that collect stamps and coins, but it was about a year old. I want to donate what I have to the veterans, but does anyone know of this program and have a current address for them? I would like to send what I have where I know that they will go directly to the right person and not linger somewhere until the stamps can be forwarded on to limbo.

Donna

Send note to staff

bearwithfish
Valued Member

United States
366 Posts

Posted 06/20/2011  08:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bearwithfish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Department of Veterans' Affairs Medical Center
ATTN: Maurice A. Storck
Veterans' National Stamp and Coin Club # 135 S.C.
3601 South 6th Avenue
Tucson, Arizoa 85723

live well, smile often, and breath deeply,
BWF
Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

philb
Pillar Of The Community

USA
9732 Posts

Posted 06/20/2011  08:14 am  Show Profile Check philb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I will get a envelope of stamps out to them by Wednesday...it will make me feel better about my stamps !

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853

Donna Merkle
Valued Member

United States
373 Posts

Posted 06/20/2011  2:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Donna Merkle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Great! Thanks Bearwithfish. I'm pulling out "the box" now.

Donna

bearwithfish
Valued Member

United States
366 Posts

Posted 06/20/2011  2:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bearwithfish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

you are more than welcome! my mother is involved with the VFW here in MA and we do a lot for vets in our family... any time I can help others do the same I am more than willing... I just wish we could get more options for our allies.... its hard to get folks to think about those who work with us ....

BWF

philb
Pillar Of The Community

USA
9732 Posts

Posted 06/20/2011  2:51 pm  Show Profile Check philb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Ok, the toughest part is the long address...and I can tell you the vets are not picky..if you have U.S., Canada worldwide in duplication that you do not know what to do with..send some to them..i think the only request is that you keep worldwide and United States stamps separated !

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853

philb
Pillar Of The Community

USA
9732 Posts

Posted 06/20/2011  2:54 pm  Show Profile Check philb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

My stamp club meets at the V.F.W. ...no one else would have us..they either wanted us to rent a room or have a million dollar insurance policy..the V.F. W. lets us use their bingo hall twice a month for meetings and fortunately we are able to give them a quarterly donation !

ratio411
Pillar Of The Community

United States
956 Posts

Posted 06/20/2011  4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ratio411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Do stamps that go to that AZ address get distributed throughout the country,
or is that address just one of many local VA stamp clubs?

I only ask because if what I send goes national, great, if not,
then I want to 'spread the wealth' to other clubs.

Thanks!

"I don't want to run your life, I don't know how to run your life, and the Constitution doesn't give me the authority to run your life." -Ron Paul

bearwithfish
Valued Member

United States
366 Posts

Posted 06/20/2011  10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bearwithfish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

nation distribution and out to bases internationally as well from all I have read....

BWF

marko1959
Valued Member

United States
126 Posts

Posted 06/21/2011  10:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add marko1959 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

hmmmm was looking some place to share my unused stamps,,,,,, never thought of the vets,,,, thanks

funcitypapa
Valued Member
United States
136 Posts

Posted 06/23/2011  10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

ANOTHER CHARITY IS STAMPS FOR THE WOUNDED PO BOX 1125 FALLS CHURCH VA

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05