Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Subscribe to Linn's Stamp News!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Philatelic Discussions (Non Country Specific)
 Main Stamp Collecting Forum

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Red Wreath Like OverPrint: Rep. Shqiptare

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SueStamps
Pillar Of The Community

United States
503 Posts

Posted 07/19/2011  5:08 pm  Show Profile Check SueStamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add SueStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

I looked up "Rep. Shqiptare" and I guess this is a stamp from Albania?

Does anyone know what they red wreath-like overprint represents? Thank you!

Send note to staff

butterfly
Valued Member

United States
426 Posts

Posted 07/19/2011  6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add butterfly to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

How neat!
You have an overprint surcharge combo there.
The A.Z. is for Ahmad Zogu, the guy on the stamp.
The wreath overprint was issued in various colors according to Scott.
Makes one wonder how many different combos exist.
Oh, it is Scott 209 (Albania)

PS: The wreath was to celebrate two whole years as president, apparently quite an achievement in Albania?

Edited by butterfly - 07/19/2011 6:51 pm
Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

Puzzler
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
6372 Posts

Posted 07/19/2011  7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

That's neat. Seems kind of Christmasy in some way.

SueStamps
Pillar Of The Community

United States
503 Posts

Posted 07/19/2011  9:09 pm  Show Profile Check SueStamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SueStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

What amazing information! I was wondering about A & Z, but I thought the " Z " was an upsidedown number 2. See what I know, lolol.

Thank you so much for the information, I am thrilled and gathering all the information to print it out with a photo of my stamps and file it away in my binders! Thank you thank you!
Sue

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05