Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Philatelic Discussions (Non Country Specific)
 Main Stamp Collecting Forum

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

USPS Nondenominational Postage Chart

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ncbuckeye
Pillar Of The Community
Stamp Community SupporterSupporter!

United States
1128 Posts

Posted 07/27/2011  4:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ncbuckeye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

Have you ever mailed a letter or package using nondenominated postage? Did you watch the clerk grab a chart to determine how much postage has been paid? Here is a pdf file of the chart the clerks use. I have found it useful myself. You download the chart at
http://pe.usps.com/search/jsp/searc...dtype=2#hit0

Send note to staff

wt1
Bedrock Of The Community

United States
10185 Posts

Posted 07/27/2011  5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I know it's good information, but the problem is the USPS doesn't pay attention to it half the time, as evidenced by this example:

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

artlaunier
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1202 Posts

Posted 07/28/2011  09:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add artlaunier to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

ncbuckeye,

Great link, beats the spreadsheet I was maintaining.

Off topic but, your user id suggest that you relocated to North Carolina from Ohio? Or, are you just an Ohio fan?

Art

I pledge allegiance to the flag of The United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all. (Just in case someone forgot the words.)

ncbuckeye
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1128 Posts

Posted 07/28/2011  3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ncbuckeye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I was born and raised in Ohio, but after high school, went into service, got college degree and ended up in NC. I am now retired here.

stamphound
Valued Member

United States
85 Posts

Posted 07/28/2011  3:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamphound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I've brought in my own chart copied from an outside website. When I've put a lot of postage on a piece, especially a parcel, I keep track of how much postage is in an area, and the clerk can check my math. Since a lot of the clerks know me, some will dispense with the counting and calculating and take my word for it.

22crows
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
836 Posts

Posted 07/29/2011  12:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

If you prefer to see them all in colour, then check out this site:

http://alphabetilately.com/G2.html

ncbuckeye
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1128 Posts

Posted 07/29/2011  08:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ncbuckeye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for this site also, 22crows. Every site such as this can only add to the enjoyment of research of stamp collecting. Many (such as this one) I download if possible so I have access to it even when I'm not online.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.31 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05