Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  Subscribe to Linn's Stamp News!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Philatelic Discussions (Non Country Specific)
 Main Stamp Collecting Forum

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Philately books

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1107 Posts
Posted 10/27/2011  04:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Horamkhet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

Hi to all

I could not resist buying these in the local thrift shop.
Regards
Horamakhet

Send note to staff

Valued Member
Australia
426 Posts
Posted 10/27/2011  04:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peterethio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

What a good find. I'd visit that op-shop again!

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1107 Posts
Posted 10/27/2011  05:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Horamkhet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi peterethio

Apparently stamp books rarely come in, it seems philatelists keep all their literature, and it usually from a deceased estate, or should I say when the collector has gone to the big stamp album in the sky.
Regards
Horamakhet

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
3974 Posts
Posted 10/27/2011  08:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

That was great Horamkhet

Seldom does one come across book on philately in shops like that. It is also rare to even find a specialty stamp book in a new or used book store as well

Collectors items by themselves for sure.

Chimo

Bujutsu

Pillar Of The Community
United States
829 Posts
Posted 10/27/2011  08:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add raywrio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Horamkhet, very true. All the thrift shops I've been to never have books like that. I have to buy them from Biblio.com.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5393 Posts
Posted 10/27/2011  09:46 am  Show Profile Check smauggie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add smauggie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

That Local Stamps of Australia book looks particularly intriguing.

APS Member #: 222539 AAPE, Maplewood Stamp Club (MN), Northern Philatelic Society, US Philatelic Classics Society, Auxiliary Markings Club, Canal Zone Study Group, Minnesota Postal History Society
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1226 Posts
Posted 10/27/2011  1:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mhc99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Horamkhet, congratulations and a great find. I check second hand book stores from time to time and never find great books like you discovered.

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1107 Posts
Posted 10/27/2011  3:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Horamkhet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi smuggie

I will post some pages of the Local stamps of Australia on the weekend.
It has some interesting obscure information that could send you off into a tangent of collecting.
Horamakhet

Valued Member
Australia
426 Posts
Posted 10/28/2011  01:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peterethio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

There will probably be many interested in it, Horamakhet. We will wait patiently but expectantly.

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1107 Posts
Posted 10/28/2011  05:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Horamkhet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi to all and especially smauggie

Here are some of the pages from the "Local Stamps of Australia. I have also included the contents pages.
It is a truly fascinating book. I will really enjoy reading it. It certainly opens a new field of collecting.
I have never seen a copy of it before.

Valued Member
Austria
63 Posts
Posted 10/28/2011  07:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ionut77 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Great books, beautiful stories. Thanks for sharing Horamkhet!

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5393 Posts
Posted 10/28/2011  07:44 am  Show Profile Check smauggie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add smauggie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks Horamakhet! Fascinating stuff!

APS Member #: 222539 AAPE, Maplewood Stamp Club (MN), Northern Philatelic Society, US Philatelic Classics Society, Auxiliary Markings Club, Canal Zone Study Group, Minnesota Postal History Society
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05