Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Philatelic Discussions (Non Country Specific)
 Main Stamp Collecting Forum

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Any Local Club in Gainesville, FL

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

artlaunier
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1219 Posts

Posted 11/26/2011  09:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add artlaunier to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

I've taken a contract in Gainesville, FL and was wondering if anyone can suggest an active club in that area? I may be there for several months and thought I might check them out.

Art

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. (The exact & entire wording of the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution)
Send note to staff

trabz
Valued Member

United States
49 Posts

Posted 10/29/2013  04:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add trabz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I was trying to find one too but I couldnt .Usually I go to the shows in Orlando. There is one in December.

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

artlaunier
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1219 Posts

Posted 10/29/2013  07:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add artlaunier to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

There is one and its fairly active. You have the usual group, men over 60 but also a few young people at around 30. Its a good group of people. I'll see if I can find the contact info. I'm on a contract outside Philly, PA now so I don't attend anymore.

Art

Mitchell E. Sapp (mesapp1941@gmail.com) was the president of the club. They meet at St. Michaels Episcopal Church at the SW corner of NW 23rd Blvd and NW 43rd Street, building in the back. However, there was talk about moving to another location due to the number of people attending and running out of room. Which is a good thing.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. (The exact & entire wording of the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution)

trabz
Valued Member

United States
49 Posts

Posted 10/30/2013  02:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add trabz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks Art

I will contact them to check when they meet.

Rjf
Valued Member

28 Posts

Posted 10/30/2013  03:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rjf to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Too far most likely for you to travel from Gainesville but this winter I think there is one in Naples, Florida. I live about 45 minutes from there, will have to find out when and were it is.

Rjf
Valued Member

28 Posts

Posted 10/30/2013  03:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rjf to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Of course after I posted this, I see the OP started this thread in 2011 so I guess the question is moot now.

DCStamps
Valued Member

United States
11 Posts

Posted 10/30/2013  8:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DCStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I guess while we are on the subject of Stamp Clubs in Florida - will be moving to Port St. Lucie / Stuart next year, anybody know of any Stamp clubs in the vicinity?

trabz
Valued Member

United States
49 Posts

Posted 10/31/2013  06:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add trabz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

DC Stamps,

maybe this could help:

Meeting City: Port St. Lucie
Port St. Lucie Stamp Club
(APS# 0866-072805)
Meeting Time and Location: 7:30 p.m., 2nd Tues., Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 S.E. Airoso Blvd.
Contact Person: Mr. Michael Rice, 974 S. W. St. Lucie West Blvd.. , Port Saint Lucie , FL 34986
E-mail: md54rice@yahoo.com

DCStamps
Valued Member

United States
11 Posts

Posted 10/31/2013  4:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DCStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you trabz

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05