Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 World Stamps and Covers Discussions
 World Classic Stamps Mint and Used

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Magyar Posta - Magyar Kir. Posta

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fifia
Pillar Of The Community

1508 Posts

Posted 01/22/2012  12:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add fifia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

The thing I like about my stamps is the adventure of the Tin Box I am opening. Today Hungary.

Just guessing: Late 1890's...

1920's...

and these two: No clou

I have more stamps but need to sort them..

Send note to staff

Cursus
Pillar Of The Community

1171 Posts

Posted 01/22/2012  1:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The first three stamps are from 1919, SG: 160, 164 & 168.

The second row show stamps from 1920 (as you correctly guessed!) SG: 240/242

Third ones are War Charity stmps from 1916, SG: 102 and 103

I'm sorry I don't have the Scott cat.

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

nigelc
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1489 Posts

Posted 01/22/2012  1:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi fifia,

The first ones with Magyar Posta (Hungarian Post) are from 1919-20 when Hungary was a republic.

The next ones with Magyar Kir. Posta (Hungarian Royal Post) are from 1920-24 when Hungary was technically a kingdom again (although they never got around to making anyone king!).

The last two are war charity stamps issued in 1916 during World War One.

Nigel

fifia
Pillar Of The Community

1508 Posts

Posted 01/22/2012  3:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fifia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you gentlemen! Appreciate your effort. I start my stock book with these.

Here is another one I found. Same stamp - same stamp with tail. Looks alot like the Belgian revenue/tax stamp.

Wadmalatz
Pillar Of The Community

Romania
818 Posts

Posted 01/22/2012  3:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wadmalatz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

First is a semipostal from 1913 (30+ 2 fillér for flood victims). Second (so called 'Turul' issue- a mythical bird, probably a falcon) can be: 1908, 1904-06, or from the first issued set in 1900. (depends on wmk.)
Date on pmk. 1908 dec, that excludes the last two issues (1909 and 1913).

Bas S Warwick
Pillar Of The Community

New Zealand
668 Posts

Posted 02/03/2012  05:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I came across this Magyar Kir Posta stamp today - Tracked it down on DC as a 1874: Newspaper P4 / Yvert Journaux 5

Edited by Bas S Warwick - 02/03/2012 05:35 am

AnthonyUK
Pillar Of The Community

United Kingdom
1193 Posts

Posted 02/03/2012  05:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

This year I'll be focusing my collection so I sold this lot recently which was probably one of my last sales on ebay.
I think I'll only sell on SCF for a while.
Far too many overprints for me so best of luck with this interesting Country Fiffia

This forum does say non-country specific so I'll ask for it to be moved.

Edited by AnthonyUK - 02/03/2012 05:39 am

fifia
Pillar Of The Community

1508 Posts

Posted 02/03/2012  10:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fifia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for your posting, Bas S Warwick.

Newspaper stamps... here is what I have.

Color numbers

Black numbers

Edited by fifia - 02/03/2012 10:27 pm

BeeSee
Pillar Of The Community
Stamp Community SupporterSupporter!

Canada
4520 Posts

Posted 02/03/2012  10:59 pm  Show Profile Check BeeSee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I really like those envelope stamps of Hungary - I think I will tackle them when finished with Hradcany of Czechoslovakia.

BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05