Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 World Stamps and Covers Discussions
 World Picture Postcards

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Ships On Postcards

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bujutsu
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
3888 Posts

Posted 02/21/2012  1:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

Hi All

In amother thread I had mentioned that I collect postcards on stamps as well as look at the postmarks on them as well.

I am always looking for ship postcards.

This is just one page out of my several binders pertaining to ships.
I bought this card for just $10.00 in a dealer's box. When Cameron's film came out on the Titanic, my cards (I have just 2 different ones of the Titanic) went sky-high price-wise. They came down some but not that much, so, I figure I got a good deal.

Here is the way I like to mount my cards and display them. Would appreciate your comments here.

Thanks a lot.

Chimo

Bujutsu

Send note to staff

Horamkhet
Pillar Of The Community

Australia
1067 Posts

Posted 02/21/2012  6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Horamkhet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Bujutsu

I would love to find a "Titanic" item. The card would sell in the high hundreds if not early thousands.
I have this one, which is a white star line item. It was in the family accumulation of stamps and postcards.
I like it because living here in Australia, the ship on the card bears the name oceanic, and in the early days Australia and New Zealand were referred to as Oceania.

Regards
Horamakhet

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

Bujutsu
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
3888 Posts

Posted 02/21/2012  7:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

That is a nice card horamkhet

I have always likes ships and they are really an interesting topic. I also have cards and covers posted on bpard the different ships and they too are interesting by themselves too with the different "Pacquebot" cancellations etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Chimo

Bujutsu

plsllvn
Valued Member

143 Posts

Posted 02/21/2012  7:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add plsllvn to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is a postcard of the RMS Majestic.
Paul

PostmasterGS
Pillar Of The Community

Portugal
1101 Posts

Posted 02/21/2012  8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

A few of mine with an interesting backstory.

Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945

stallzer
Pillar Of The Community
Stamp Community SupporterSupporter!

United States
3568 Posts

Posted 02/21/2012  9:38 pm  Show Profile Check stallzer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

How about 1 of the Famous Lusitania.

Bujutsu
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
3888 Posts

Posted 02/21/2012  10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

These are great items folks. They are all fantastic. Keep them coming,

Chimo

Bujutsu

philb
Pillar Of The Community

USA
9738 Posts

Posted 03/01/2012  3:47 pm  Show Profile Check philb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Chimo do you have this coal burner yet ? S.S. Dalhousie City ! phil

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853

Bujutsu
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
3888 Posts

Posted 03/01/2012  7:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi philb

This is an image I don't have in my collection.

I am assuming that this card is up for trade or sale?

Chimo

Bujutsu

philb
Pillar Of The Community

USA
9738 Posts

Posted 03/01/2012  9:45 pm  Show Profile Check philb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Chimo, Yes if we can trade its usually better than purchase.what have you got in worldwide covers ?? phil

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853

Bujutsu
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
3888 Posts

Posted 03/02/2012  1:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi philby

Well, actually, I have a lot of covers WW up for trade and too mumerous to mention. What in particular would you be interested in?

If I have an idea, then we can go from there?

Chimo

Bujutsu

philb
Pillar Of The Community

USA
9738 Posts

Posted 03/02/2012  2:00 pm  Show Profile Check philb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Chimo, just happened to catch your last post..will e mail you ! phil

Bas S Warwick
Pillar Of The Community

New Zealand
668 Posts

Posted 03/07/2012  04:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Some very beautiful cards - thanks for sharing. I cant show anything as nice as those........but here's a card (posted July 67 San Francisco- New Zealand)

P & O's Canberra - "The Great White Whale"

For almost 40 years Canberra served the Peninsular & Oriental Steam Navigation Company (P&O) admirably. http://www.sscanberra.com/

Bujutsu
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
3888 Posts

Posted 03/07/2012  12:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Nice card Bas S Warwick

I have about 150+ cards that still needs research on before I mount them in to my albums. Once that is done, I will have a better grasp of what I have and don't have in my collection. I am mounting all of my ships in alphabetical order and, of course, this certainly helps.

Chimo

Bujutsu

Bas S Warwick
Pillar Of The Community

New Zealand
668 Posts

Posted 03/09/2012  04:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Bujutsu - I think you will like this one. (Although you may already have it?)

Bas S Warwick
Pillar Of The Community

New Zealand
668 Posts

Posted 03/09/2012  04:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Another more modern chrome

J Arthur Dixon Postcard - P&O Oriana - The Queen of the Seas 42000 Tons

Card dated Thursday 16th - but year unknown. Reads......

"We are now on our way to Japan......had a very rough Tasman crossing.......I am up $60 on the pokies...Gordon won $100 so far......"

Built by Vickers-Armstrong (Shipbuilders) Ltd in Barrow-In-Furness in 1960 at Yard No 1061 and she was 41,915 tonnes of pure pleasure, 245.1m long, 30.5m wide with 730 cabins, 17 public rooms and 11 passenger decks. She carried 2000 passengers and 1000 crew and by her retirement she had steamed 3,430,902 nautical miles and her record day's run was 701 nautical miles at 29.21 knots

There are some very nice real photos and history of the vessel on this website. Very interesting reading
http://www.seadogs-reunited.com/Oriana.htm

Scrapped in 2005 - disturbing photos of this once grand vessel
http://www.oceanlinermuseum.co.uk/O...lery%208.htm

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05