Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 World Stamps and Covers Discussions
 World Classic Stamps Mint and Used

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Canary Islands Airmail Stamp - ID Help Needed

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fincbob2451
Pillar Of The Community
United States
527 Posts

Posted 04/05/2012  6:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add fincbob2451 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

Hello, I have this Canary Island stamp that I cannot identify. In the Scott catalog when I look up Canary Islands it refers me to Spain. All the Canary Island stamp listed there are iverprinted. Is this possibly a revenue>
Once again, thank you for your help.
David

Send note to staff

khj
Pillar Of The Community
Stamp Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
5784 Posts

Posted 04/05/2012  7:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I believe it is a Spanish Civil War postal tax stamp for the Canary Islands, although someone once mentioned to me that it was an actual airmail stamp. Given the denomination, I think it is more likely a postal tax stamp. Probably issued around 1936 or 1937. Not listed in Scott, but it should be listed in the Galvez catalog if you have access to one. It may be worth checking the Spain (Canary Islands) section of the Michel and Edifil catalogs as well.

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

fincbob2451
Pillar Of The Community
United States
527 Posts

Posted 04/05/2012  11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fincbob2451 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Helloo khj, Excelent, I am never disappointed with the information here.
Many thanks
David

22crows
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
837 Posts

Posted 04/06/2012  12:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

A description from bidStart says this:

1937 Canary Islands , Islas Canarias , Cinderella Aviation Label Vignette , Sanabria Air Post Semi Official # 74 . 5 cent Stamp Label pictures the Dornier Wal plane in flight over water , island and rising sun .

fincbob2451
Pillar Of The Community
United States
527 Posts

Posted 04/06/2012  7:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fincbob2451 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks 22crows, a great description and a big help.
Thanks
david

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05