Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Philatelic Discussions (Non Country Specific)
 Topical Stamp Collecting

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

U.S. Presidents on foreign stamps

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

rlorenz
Pillar Of The Community

United States
908 Posts

Posted 09/17/2008  07:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rlorenz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

I though I would start this thread here about U.S. Presidents that are featured on foreign stamps. This one features Franklin Roosevelt on a San Marino 5 lire stamp overprinted 6 Lire. If anyone else has Presidents featured on stamps from other countries lets see them.

rick l
APS# 214326, I.S.G.C.# 979
Send note to staff

bobgggg
Pillar Of The Community

USA
2731 Posts

Posted 09/17/2008  08:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Good thread Rick...I hope that a lot of folks participate

A Philatelic mind
is a terrible thing to waste
Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

Dianne Earl
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
3515 Posts

Posted 09/17/2008  08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Great thread

Hopefully I'll get my scanner hooked up again and I can post images again

Dianne

Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses

gussyboy1
Pillar Of The Community

USA
1744 Posts

Posted 09/17/2008  10:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Great stamps! I like the FDR one with the US flag--would look good in a flag collection!
Hey, Londonbus ,check out this US flag with FDR!
Gussyboy1

Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not No How!"

bobgggg
Pillar Of The Community

USA
2731 Posts

Posted 09/17/2008  10:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Honest Abe

A Philatelic mind

bobgggg
Pillar Of The Community

USA
2731 Posts

Posted 09/17/2008  10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

A Philatelic mind

bobgggg
Pillar Of The Community

USA
2731 Posts

Posted 09/17/2008  10:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Well almost President...and flag stamp

A Philatelic mind

rlorenz
Pillar Of The Community

United States
908 Posts

Posted 09/17/2008  10:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rlorenz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is another featuring George Washington and our bald eagle, also the American Flag as well as that of Ecuador

bobgggg
Pillar Of The Community

USA
2731 Posts

Posted 09/17/2008  11:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Saint Thomas & Prince Islands. Lyndon Johnson:

Flags, Presidents, Red Cross, Space, Firetrucks, Transportation... This stamp covers many topicals .

A Philatelic mind

Edited by bobgggg - 09/17/2008 11:26 am

sfgoda
Pillar Of The Community

USA
867 Posts

Posted 09/17/2008  12:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sfgoda to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Interesting topic with some really nice stamps.

ziggy9
Pillar Of The Community
United States
522 Posts

Posted 09/18/2008  1:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ziggy9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

i picked up a lot of foreign first days at the stamp club last night. These were in the group. There were tow of each. I would be willing to trade one set if anyone is interested.

Richard

rlorenz
Pillar Of The Community

United States
908 Posts

Posted 09/18/2008  2:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rlorenz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Richard

Two very interesting and great covers !

rick l
APS# 214326, I.S.G.C.# 979

stamperdude
Pillar Of The Community
Stamp Community SupporterSupporter!

United States
2972 Posts

Posted 09/18/2008  8:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I like your Abe stamp Bobgggg. I think I have some Liberia presidential stamps that had accidentaly issued a Dan Quale (spelling) president stamp. I will have to scan it and post.

laswabbie
Pillar Of The Community

USA
3315 Posts

Posted 09/19/2008  9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laswabbie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

JFK made quite a impact when he visited Berlin in 1964.

Edited by laswabbie - 09/19/2008 9:59 pm

laswabbie
Pillar Of The Community

USA
3315 Posts

Posted 09/19/2008  10:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laswabbie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I don't know that Lincoln ever visited Germany, but here's Scott U393 Lincoln) mailed to Berlin on January 1st, 1906.

Edited by laswabbie - 09/19/2008 10:07 pm

novato
Valued Member
Ecuador
120 Posts

Posted 11/28/2010  2:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add novato to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hello

Quote:

Here is another featuring George Washington and our bald eagle, also the American Flag as well as that of Ecuador

Well, another sadly issue on my country, they use a Colombia flag not the Ecuador.

We have many other stamps with a USA President.

Fernando Moscoso
Ecuador

Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.78 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05