Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Subscribe to Linn's Stamp News!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Philatelic Discussions (Non Country Specific)
 Main Stamp Collecting Forum

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Stamp Rooms, Clean or Cluttered?

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

1775mac
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1806 Posts

Posted 01/06/2013  2:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add 1775mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

Usually, I have a pretty organized room but a pile up of breaking down two collections at the same time and the holidays. Well you can see the results. Yes, there is a method to my madness.

Send note to staff

kehess
Valued Member
Stamp Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
497 Posts

Posted 01/06/2013  3:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kehess to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Are you sleeping on the floor these days? Oh wait, there's no room on the floor either! ;)

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

nitrolures
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
2271 Posts

Posted 01/06/2013  4:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nitrolures to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I so need more shelves , more desk space, Currently have taken over living room coffee table, dining room table and now I see a bed works just fine so theres more sq footage . All this being said in stealth as I'm waiting for a frying pan to clock me upside the head. Moral of the story is any room is stamp room!

1775mac
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1806 Posts

Posted 01/06/2013  5:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1775mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

We have a 17x5 dining table and it used to be the best spot in the house. Company was coming one time so the wife made me pack up until they left. Well they left and the wife said in your dreams are you moving back to the table.

Nick Crissy
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts

Posted 01/06/2013  6:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nick Crissy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I am lucky enough to have dedicated room for my mess ahhhhhh I mean collection, acumulation, room of good intentions. My room looks like a bomb went off and could even be considered for the show hoarders. I make attempts to get organized but the room has also become the room where things no one knows what to do with send it to the stamp room. So I am continually fighting for space. I think it is all part and parcel of being a stamp collector that we have a mess around us. Maybe when and if I ever retire I can come here and get those boxes of stamps mounted and in my catalogued collection. Currently I am losing the battle and there are now 8 moving boxes of material to work on someday.
Nick

Petert4522
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1037 Posts

Posted 01/06/2013  6:20 pm  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I see you are a true philatelist! There is a package of Dennison stamp hinges on your desk. I love your room, just hope you don't get any out-of-town relatives staying over! I made my stamp room in a large walk-in closet.

Pete

philb
Pillar Of The Community

USA
9738 Posts

Posted 01/06/2013  6:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I am guilty of clutter most foul !

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853

khj
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5796 Posts

Posted 01/06/2013  6:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

My stamp room is absolutely clean! I removed almost all non-philatelic items, including the dust mites, so that I can pack it full of stamp stuff.

All that remains is about 20 cubic feet of pesky air molecules. Unfortunately, I have to have that for crawlspace and ventilation.

jbcev80
Pillar Of The Community

United States
649 Posts

Posted 01/07/2013  02:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbcev80 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi

If you need more space to work in here is a suggestion that my wife's cousin sent after I complained about having no room to work in.

Jerry B

KGV Collector
Pillar Of The Community

Australia
2655 Posts

Posted 01/07/2013  04:09 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Cluttered sounds so neat and tidy to me.

An image from the past when thing were under control, neat and tidy.

I_Love_Stamps
Pillar Of The Community

United States
6674 Posts

Posted 01/07/2013  05:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Clean!

Edited by I_Love_Stamps - 01/09/2013 12:50 pm

floortrader
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1480 Posts

Posted 01/07/2013  08:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is what a stamp room should look like .

pjsstamps
Pillar Of The Community

United States
573 Posts

Posted 01/07/2013  08:37 am  Show Profile Check pjsstamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pjsstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I'm not saying my stamp room is cluttered, but when my son stopped by for a visit he asked if I was auditioning for the show "Hoarders". I refuse to take a picture, especially after I saw floortraders picture.

floortrader
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1480 Posts

Posted 01/07/2013  08:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The work desk in a stamp room -----

rohumpy
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1849 Posts

Posted 01/07/2013  09:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rohumpy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Excuse me but what is a stamp room? Just kidding. I envy those of you who have an entire room dedicated to stamp collecting. With me it really comes down to the most available flat surface.

Bujutsu
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
3972 Posts

Posted 01/07/2013  12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I am in the same situation as Nitro.

My collection has spread into 2 rooms now.

While I have been trying to get more of it organized, I am still adding to the confusion by adding more collections etc.

Chimo

Bujutsu

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.57 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05