Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!Subscribe to Linn's Stamp News!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 World Stamps and Covers Discussions
 World Modern Stamps Mint and Used

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Romania 1958 error- is this listed somewhere?

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Romania
841 Posts
Posted 06/10/2013  07:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Wadmalatz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

This is Mi. #1748-1749 B. I`ve checked Michel 2005 and this error is not listed. In Romanian Stamp Catalogue 1974 error is listed
#1837 1.2, valued used or mint 3X basic value. I`ve checked eBay too and found 4 listings all refering to Michel nr. (surprisingly price ranging from 35$- single to 170$ MNH ?? - so check your Romanian albums)
I don`t have a Scott catalogue and I wonder if this error is listed or not?

Send note to staff

Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
Posted 06/10/2013  11:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Conker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Wadmalatz, I just happened to have the Scott 2013 catalogue to hand. This one is Scott 1245 from 1958. Listing is Unwatermarked, Litho printing and exists both Perf.13.5x14 and Imperf. like yours. No mention of any errors. Values are USD$3.75MNH and $0.55 Used for the pair plus label so Scott isn't much help to you unfortunately. Don't have it in my collection to check.

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Romania
841 Posts
Posted 06/10/2013  12:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wadmalatz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks!
Unfortunately Romania didn`t issued regularly stamp catalogues (1974 black&white/ reedited in 1982/ than 2006 in colour), so many constant flaws or errors are not listed in major catalogues.
By the way, errors are encircled: 1) forked end of stick on women`s shoulder
2) `O` and `L` in `MOLDOVA` connected with a dot (label)

Valued Member
267 Posts
Posted 07/13/2013  07:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

These ERRORS are listed by 2008 Romfilatelia Price List , page 29, nr. 462g , Unused 77 Lei ( abt 25 Euro ) Used 49.50 Lei ( abt 14.50 Euro )
So these prices were valid at the beginning of 2008 !

Pillar Of The Community
Romania
841 Posts
Posted 07/13/2013  2:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wadmalatz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks March! I`ve checked a 2007 Price List, same price.
In the meantime I`ve did some research and found an interesting and useful article in `Almanah Filatelic 1985` by Iosif Micu- `Erori si varietati din perioada 1952-1962` page 145. (Errors and varieties of the 1952-1962 issues). Here he signals some (guess minor) varieties too (not mentioned in the so far the most detailed Romanian Stamp Catalogue `74).
I found two of the mentioned varieties, highlighted in green circle:
1. -Man / named `opinci cu pinteni`= `sandal with spur` - this variety occurs on sheet in the 2 stamp of the 6th row:

2. -Woman / flaw (coma) between 7 and 5, appears on 5th stamp 6th row:

Many more interesting varieties mentioned in the article (ex: flaw in form of a drill bit on left trouser-leg etc.).

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05