Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Stamps and Covers Discussions
 US Modern Stamps Mint and Used

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

2014 USPS Issues... News? Thoughts? Opinions?

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Nells250
Pillar Of The Community
Stamp Community SupporterSupporter!

United States
1926 Posts

Posted 08/09/2013  10:35 am  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

Since the '13 thread really took off, I figure maybe I should start one for '14. I may be a bit too early posting this in August, BUT at times info on future stamps leak out, right??

So, when do things get better?
Send note to staff

wt1
Bedrock Of The Community

United States
10146 Posts

Posted 08/10/2013  1:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

According to posts on other stamp boards, it is being reported that the 2014 US Stamp Program is still being finalized. However, the one piece of good news is that the USPS is apparently planning to release the stamp program for the entire year at one time, not the drips and drabs we all encountered for the 2013 US Stamp Program.

If previously reported information is accurate, I believe we can anticipate in 2014 the "Just Move" stamps (that were postponed from 2013) and if the previously reported "leaked minutes" from the Citizens Stamp Advisory Committee is accurate, we can anticipate stamps for celebrities such as Wilt Chamberlain, Elizabeth Taylor and, possibly Steve Jobs. I believe there's also to be another War of 1812 issue for 2014, too.

Now its just "wait and see" to determine if the 2014 Stamp Program information will be released by the USPS before we actually start calendar year 2014!

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

jeffyl00b
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts

Posted 08/11/2013  10:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jeffyl00b to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I can make a guess, which is a spoiler. Another Civil War and Nevada. But I'd rather wait until the official information.
However, , I would guess. there wouldn't be much difference in the releasing the program for the entire year versus even quarterly if there's no images ready for all the issues.

wt1
Bedrock Of The Community

United States
10146 Posts

Posted 10/10/2013  9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here's a 10/09/2013 report about the 2014 Wilt Chamberlain Stamp along with the quote that:

Quote:
An announcement is expected to be made today in New York City by the United States Postal Service, which will preview its 2014 stamp program.

http://www.phillytrib.com/basketbal...n-stamp.html

Nells250
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1926 Posts

Posted 10/11/2013  2:44 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

... and, it seems, the "Just Move" stamps won't EVER be seen!

LloydStamps
United States
4 Posts

Posted 10/11/2013  3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LloydStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

My story with details of the first half of the 2014 U.S. stamp program is now on The Virtual Stamp Club website, www.virtualstampclub.com. The series include Legends of Hollywood, Black Heritage, Civil War and War of 1812.

wt1
Bedrock Of The Community

United States
10146 Posts

Posted 10/11/2013  10:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

More on the 2014 Shirley Chisholm (Black Heritage Series) Stamp at this link:

http://postalnews.com/postalnewsblo...itage-stamp/

Edited by wt1 - 10/11/2013 10:32 pm

Nells250
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1926 Posts

Posted 10/13/2013  10:34 am  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

(looking at LloydStamps site)

Hmmm... Charlton Heston on a stamp... THAT will go over GREAT in my part of the country. And for JUST that reason, I think I'll be buying a few sheets just to annoy people! (uhoh, politics... better stay on topic)

Songbirds, sounds good to me. Abe Lincoln may be a nice one... Pearl Harbor memorial, nice.

wt1
Bedrock Of The Community

United States
10146 Posts

Posted 10/13/2013  10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Even though I have seen no "formal announcement" from the USPS, NBC Bay Area (San Francisco) is reporting that the USPS has confirmed a stamp for Harvey Milk, the first openly-gay man elected to public office in California, and also the first activist for the LGBT community:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...7524321.html

DJCMHOH
Valued Member
39 Posts

Posted 10/29/2013  9:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DJCMHOH to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Linn's confirmed this week that Harvey Milk will be honored next year. Never thought I would see the day the USPS would honor a pioneer for civil rights for the LGBT community, so very happy to see this issue confirmed.

Harvey Milk and Charlton Heston in the same year...definitely an interesting combination of topics for the 2014 program.

jeffyl00b
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts

Posted 11/01/2013  11:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jeffyl00b to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Just Move stamps probably aren't coming out in 2014, the stamps have been deemed "unsafe" and therefore may all be destroyed. There aren't any helmets nor pads on the images.

Nells250
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1926 Posts

Posted 12/11/2013  6:11 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

OK, the USPS is starting to release info on '14 stamps. Let the nit-picking begin:

CUT PAPER HEART - Eh, so-so...
HUMMINGBIRD (.33) - I like hummingbirds, but not thrilled with the design
USS ARIZONA (Express) - I like

raymodj
Valued Member

United States
217 Posts

Posted 12/11/2013  7:08 pm  Show Profile Check raymodj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add raymodj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

someone probably already said this, but I'd like to see the USPS "precancel" these with helmets, pads, whatever is needed to make the stamps "safe". I know it's probably not cost effective, but would be a fun and unique set of stamps. Might be good publicity for USPS to make fun of themselves and seem more "human".

wt1
Bedrock Of The Community

United States
10146 Posts

Posted 12/11/2013  11:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The December 12, 2013 issue of the Postal Bulletin is now on-line and has offered this preliminary schedule of new stamp issues for 2014:

(I know it's a typo, but you've got to wonder who "Charleston" Heston is!)

sdtom
Pillar Of The Community

United States
584 Posts

Posted 12/12/2013  3:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sdtom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I caught that typo right away too.
Tom

wt1
Bedrock Of The Community

United States
10146 Posts

Posted 12/12/2013  3:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

It's also being reported that the Lunar New Year Stamp tentatively set for issue on January 15, 2014 will be issued in San Francisco, CA (not New York, NY) as shown on the above list.

Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.39 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05