Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 World Stamps and Covers Discussions
 World Classic Stamps Mint and Used

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Baden Stamps

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jogannon
Valued Member

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted 11/13/2013  1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jogannon to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

In the collection of stamps, which have been boxed away for the past 50 years, I found these..... Totally new to this so any help much appreciated.....

Send note to staff

scotzm
Pillar Of The Community
Stamp Community SupporterSupporter!

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted 11/13/2013  2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scotzm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I'd suggest using a scanner as much detail is missing in your photos. These coat of arms stamps come in different colors (obviously) and can have non-colored or colored backgrounds depending on the year of issue. I'd say your stamps have potential and are worth a better "picture"

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

ClassicalStamps
Valued Member

Denmark
167 Posts

Posted 11/13/2013  2:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ClassicalStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The condition is pretty bad, so the value is limited. I would consider them space fillers.

If you want to look into if they're genuine or not, you can read the 'Album Weeds' for Baden here:
http://stampforgeries.com/album-weeds-baden/

jogannon
Valued Member

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted 11/13/2013  3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogannon to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I've uploaded some scans, hopefully they can be seen clearer.

jogannon
Valued Member

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted 11/13/2013  3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogannon to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Ps, for someone with no knowledge of stamps, what are space fillers?

Trainwreck
Pillar Of The Community
United States
537 Posts

Posted 11/13/2013  4:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

A damaged stamp used to fill an empty space in an album until a better example comes along.

Robert

scotzm
Pillar Of The Community

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted 11/14/2013  07:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scotzm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Maybe a little above "space-filler" I think. I cannot remember seeing many that were not a bit "distressed" in used condition. I'd rate them as genuine anyway. You have stamps from the 1860's and from two issues as seen by the backgrounds... and a rose-colored cut-out from an envelope.

jogannon
Valued Member

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted 11/15/2013  12:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogannon to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Anyone know approx. values on these stamps? I think they are the 1862 -1866 Coat of Arms - however I'm struggling with whether the colour of the 3 is rose / red / carmine / orange-red. Any thoughts?

scotzm
Pillar Of The Community

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted 11/15/2013  3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scotzm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

My father-in-law collects German states...and hopefully I inherit them one day
At a guess I'd value them at anything from $2 to $10 each depending on color and quality. Damaged stamps,heavily postmarked etc might fetch 5-10per cent of that,I suspect.
Impossible to say the color of most as every scanner does it its own way.

same
Valued Member

China
229 Posts

Posted 11/16/2013  12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add same to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05