Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 World Stamps and Covers Discussions
 World Classic Stamps Mint and Used

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Mercury, Austria

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

e-rock-in
Valued Member
Russian Federation
75 Posts

Posted 01/07/2014  4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add e-rock-in to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

Hello,
It's a fake?

https://drive.google.com/folderview...&usp=sharing

Thanks.

Edited by e-rock-in - 01/08/2014 3:08 pm
Send note to staff

Puzzler
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
6310 Posts

Posted 01/07/2014  8:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi,
The Austria stamps I see in the Google link are Newspaer stamps and thus known as revenue type stamps.

Usually found in the rear or back of catalogues. Perhaps Michel puts or places them in the year date they are used with regular postal use stamps.

I do not know them well at all though, so cannot tell if they are fakes or replicas or forgeries.

It is nice to ost the photos on Stamp Community also, as many people like to see the stamps but do not like to go through links to see them.

Doug

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

jamesw
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
5239 Posts

Posted 01/07/2014  9:34 pm  Show Profile Check jamesw's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I'd agree with Doug. They look to be early Austrian Newspaper stamps, but the illustration in my 2003 Scotts is soooo crude, I couldn't tell you if they are authentic or not. But the notation reads, "Originals of Nos. P2-P3 (thats yellow and rose colours) are usually in pale colors and poorly printed...Numerous reprints of Nos. P1-P4 were made between 1866 and 1904. Those of Nos. P2-P3 are always well printed and in much deeper colors"
It goes on about types, but I'm going to wager a guess that, since yours look so nice and crisp, they are probably reprints. Scott doesn't give a value for the reprints.

e-rock-in
Valued Member
Russian Federation
75 Posts

Posted 01/08/2014  12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add e-rock-in to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05