Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 World Stamps and Covers Discussions
 World Classic Stamps Mint and Used

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

1875 5 kr Stempelmarke

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ikandiggit
Valued Member
Canada
48 Posts

Posted 04/24/2009  11:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ikandiggit to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

I found this one in my "new" stamp collection. The color is off and slightly blurry because I had to put it under glass. It was rolled up.

Edited by ikandiggit - 04/25/2009 12:45 am
Send note to staff

Drudenfus
Valued Member
Germany
211 Posts

Posted 04/25/2009  03:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Drudenfus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

That's a revenue stamp from Austria.
The border says "Kais. Koen. Oest. Stempelmarke", abbreviation for "Kaiserlich-Königlich Österreichische Stempelmarke". Which translates to "Imperial-Royal Austrian revenue stamp".

It's not in my Austria Netto catalog, though.

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

warrehouse
Pillar Of The Community

United States
2604 Posts

Posted 04/25/2009  03:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add warrehouse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Drudenfus, I knew you'd cover this one!

ikandiggit
Valued Member
Canada
48 Posts

Posted 04/25/2009  08:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikandiggit to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you for the information!

WpgLwr
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
907 Posts

Posted 05/05/2009  09:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Be wary of some of those Austrian revenues -- they are printed on paper that will self-destruct if soaked...

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05