Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!Subscribe to Linn's Stamp News!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Philatelic Discussions (Non Country Specific)
 Topical Stamp Collecting

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Coat of Arms

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

spock1k
Pillar Of The Community

2663 Posts

Posted 05/30/2009  01:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add spock1k to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

Does anyone collect coat of Arms as their theme for stamp collecting:? Thanks.

Send note to staff

Londonbus1
Pillar Of The Community
Stamp Community SupporterSupporter!

Israel
5838 Posts

Posted 05/30/2009  02:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Coats of Arms and Flags are often 'twinned' together and can very often be purchased thus. That is the way I started but I left Coats of Arms and just concentrated on the Flags.

Having been trying to exchange/sell my small COA collection for a while now.

Good luck.

Londonbus1.....Flagging in the heat

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

spock1k
Pillar Of The Community

2663 Posts

Posted 05/30/2009  10:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spock1k to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

hooray you come to the right place if your coat of arms is MNH the only problem is I dont have truckloads of money but I do have stamps from india for trade as soon as I hit 50 posts ill become eligible to trade

gussyboy1
Pillar Of The Community

USA
1744 Posts

Posted 05/30/2009  12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hey, how about showing off some of your COAT OF ARMS staamps in the topical area! I would love to see what you are talking about.
Thanks!
Gussyboy1

Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not No How!"

Dianne Earl
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
3516 Posts

Posted 05/31/2009  07:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Spock1k

Once things get back to normal at the Nursery and I have time to "play" again I will keep a lookout for you.

Dianne

Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses

spock1k
Pillar Of The Community

2663 Posts

Posted 05/31/2009  10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spock1k to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey, how about showing off some of your COAT OF ARMS staamps in the topical area! I would love to see what you are talking about.
Thanks!
Gussyboy1

er as soon as I have some pics. no camera so ill have to go hunting ont he net btw how do we post pics? I read the tutorial but I am still where I started :D

spock1k
Pillar Of The Community

2663 Posts

Posted 05/31/2009  10:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spock1k to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Spock1k

Once things get back to normal at the Nursery and I have time to "play" again I will keep a lookout for you.

Dianne

whatever you do dont forget I cant even find myself in here so there is 0% chance ill be able to find you

spock1k
Pillar Of The Community

2663 Posts

Posted 06/03/2009  11:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spock1k to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

okay easiest way to put it is there are 2 people standing wearing fancy stuff and holding the shield in their hands

stamperdude
Pillar Of The Community

United States
2972 Posts

Posted 06/03/2009  5:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Most Coats only have room for 2 arms....AAARRRGGGGHHHHH! Bad pun, sorry.

Don't they usually have a shield shape with images inside cooresponding to the families heritage and sometimes an outer motif ie. crossed swords.

Dianne Earl
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
3516 Posts

Posted 06/03/2009  10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

spock1k

I wrote myself a note. If I don't loose all will be good with the world.

Dianne

ps I'm finding it hard to keep up these days too

Dianne

Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses

spock1k
Pillar Of The Community

2663 Posts

Posted 06/04/2009  01:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spock1k to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Most Coats only have room for 2 arms....AAARRRGGGGHHHHH! Bad pun, sorry.

Don't they usually have a shield shape with images inside cooresponding to the families heritage and sometimes an outer motif ie. crossed swords.

You are right stamper :)

spock1k
Pillar Of The Community

2663 Posts

Posted 06/04/2009  01:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spock1k to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

dont worry Dianne I am rooting for you

Puzzler
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
6366 Posts

Posted 08/13/2009  1:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is a personalized Picture Postage from McGill University in Montreal. I think they got jealous of all the Canada university stamps coming out and not being on one yet, so they made their own. I have this also on a cover from McGill to a student I think.

I love coats of arms with all the dragons and lions and unicorns and such. I wish someone would make some personalized ones. Hint, hint.

Well, maybe I should make one. Maple leaves around a prehistoric beaver, and a big moose. Pretty scary stuff to frighten the enemy.

kuhli
Valued Member

USA
436 Posts

Posted 09/16/2009  02:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kuhli to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

multiple Coat of Arms:

Yugoslavia, Greece, Romania, Turkey

Carol Owens
Valued Member

United States
57 Posts

Posted 09/16/2009  9:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Carol Owens to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is a nice coat of arms

Aussie Al
Pillar Of The Community

Australia
840 Posts

Posted 05/25/2011  6:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aussie Al to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.56 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05