Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  Subscribe to Linn's Stamp News!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Philatelic Discussions (Non Country Specific)
 Topical Stamp Collecting

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Coat of Arms

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

nethryk
Pillar Of The Community

4685 Posts

Posted 06/27/2011  11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is an image of a stamp depicting the Royal Arms of His Serene Highness Prince Albert II, engraved by Claude Jumelet, and issued by Monaco on July 28, 1993 as one of three stamps in a souvenir sheet celebrating Monaco's admission to the United Nations, Scott No. 1863c. The House of Grimaldi's motto, Deo Juvante, is Latin for "With God's help."

- nethryk

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

nethryk
Pillar Of The Community

4685 Posts

Posted 06/28/2011  09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is an image of a Late Fee tax stamp which includes the national coat of arms of Denmark in the design, engraved by Johannes Britze, and issued by Denmark on February 22, 1934, Scott No. I5, Facit No. GB5. Also, here is an image of Denmark's coat of arms, which includes three crowned lions and nine hearts, and dates from King Canute VI (c. 1194).

- nethryk

Edited by nethryk - 09/23/2012 9:38 pm

jhlovell
Pillar Of The Community
Stamp Community SupporterSupporter!

United States
3513 Posts

Posted 07/01/2011  10:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jhlovell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Latvia

nethryk
Pillar Of The Community

4685 Posts

Posted 07/01/2011  7:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is an image of a commemorative stamp depicting the Polish eagle and the coats of arms of various towns, engraved by Edward Konecki, and issued by Poland on May 8, 1965 to mark the 20th anniversary of "recovering" the Western and Northern Territories from Germany following World War II, Scott No. 1319.

- nethryk

nethryk
Pillar Of The Community

4685 Posts

Posted 02/07/2012  07:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is an image of a stamp depicting the coat of arms of the Princely House of Liechtenstein, designed by Adalbert Pilch, engraved by Alfred Fischer, and issued by Liechtenstein on April 24, 1969, Scott No. 452, plus an image of the official coat of arms in color (note the absence of nipples on the maiden eagle in the lower right quarter).

- nethryk

Edited by nethryk - 09/23/2012 9:39 pm

kuhli
Valued Member
Stamp Community SupporterSupporter!

USA
438 Posts

Posted 02/07/2012  1:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kuhli to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

city of Sarajevo capital of SR Bosnia & Herzegovina

city of Skopje capital of SR Macedonia

city of Belgrade capital of SR Serbia

city of Titograd (modern Podgorica) capital of SR Montenegro

city of Zagreb capital of SR Croatia

city of Ljubljana capital of SR Slovenia

arms of SFR Yugoslavia

nethryk
Pillar Of The Community

4685 Posts

Posted 03/10/2012  08:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here are images of two engraved stamps depicting papal coats of arms and issued by Vatican City.

- nethryk

Arms of Pope Pius XI, born Ambrogio Damiano Achille Ratti (1857-1939), designed by Enrico Federici, and issued on May 31, 1933, Scott No. 19, SG No. 19.

Arms of Pope Pius XII, born Eugenio Marža Giuseppe Giovanni Pacelli (1876-1958), designed by Corrado Mezzana, and issued on March 12, 1940, Scott No. 72, SG No. 80.

jamesw
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
5376 Posts

Posted 03/10/2012  10:15 am  Show Profile Check jamesw's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Tonga (Toga)

jamesw
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
5376 Posts

Posted 03/10/2012  10:20 am  Show Profile Check jamesw's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

British South Africa Co. on Southern Rhodesia (we've seen this one here before)

Tomislav
Valued Member
Croatia (Local Name: Hrvatska)
44 Posts

Posted 03/10/2012  12:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tomislav to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

5th Anniversary of Croatian Independence

ConnieR.
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts

Posted 03/15/2012  7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ConnieR. to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the whole series of French stamps that have regional (cities?) coats of arms. There are a few other countries that have series as well, but I can't think of them off hand.
Boy, all those pictures above make me jealous! I don't think I have any of them, maybe a few of the Yugoslavia ones, that's it!
I don't consider myself a topical collector, but I do try to get all the Coats of Arms stamps I can find. Also, all the ships, lighthouses, fish, and anything else nautical. But I don't keep them separate, just put them in with all the other stamps from whatever country they belong to.

jamesw
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
5376 Posts

Posted 03/15/2012  8:20 pm  Show Profile Check jamesw's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hawaii 1890 SC#80

jamesw
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
5376 Posts

Posted 03/15/2012  8:30 pm  Show Profile Check jamesw's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is part of a set of German coats of arms.

Sorry for the poor scan. Sold these some time ago, and this is all I have.

jamesw
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
5376 Posts

Posted 03/15/2012  8:34 pm  Show Profile Check jamesw's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

And who could forget Bavaria?

Cursus
Pillar Of The Community

1207 Posts

Posted 03/16/2012  3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Arms of Andorra

Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.48 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05