Stamp Community Family of Web Sites  
  United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!Subscribe to Linn's Stamp News!Newly Listed Buy it Now Listings on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Stamps and Covers Discussions
 US Picture Postcards

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Would love to see some of the OLD postcards with people on

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1744 Posts
Posted 03/03/2008  11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message

Would love to see old postcards with people on them-the old black and white ones-like the bride and groom, family photos that they put on postcards and sent. I'll share mine if you share yours!

Gussyboy1

Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not No How!"
Send note to staff

Pillar Of The Community
USA
9738 Posts
Posted 03/03/2008  2:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

gussyboy1 I have a maxi card Jugoslavia post card..with stamp of a 1903 auto..if you want to see a scan I need an e mail address..if not..i made the offer..cheers, phil

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Send note to staff Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1744 Posts
Posted 10/28/2008  4:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

These were the days when your family photos were taken and then sent as post cards. This is my Great Grandmother Nancy Carther from Minnesota along with her daughter Tillie and her children.

Thanks!
Gussyboy1

Pillar Of The Community
USA
1744 Posts
Posted 10/28/2008  4:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Cowboys in the family!
This is a picture postcard of my great great Uncle Colubus Pritchett
dressed up as a cowboy--he's the one on the right.

Thanks!
Gussyboy1

Pillar Of The Community
USA
1744 Posts
Posted 12/15/2008  9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is my great uncle Lou (on the right)posing with a ship
buddy and a couple of pretty gals. Note the sailors
hats say the "USS Nebraska".

I have a lot of family photos taken like this and sent as post cards.

Thanks!
Gussyboy1

Pillar Of The Community
USA
1881 Posts
Posted 12/15/2008  10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nr-notrare to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Gussy.....

These cards are fantastic family keepsake.....I can't think of anything better for a collector.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1259 Posts
Posted 12/15/2008  10:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add djd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Gussyboy1
These Family Photo-cards Are Terrific.
I Will Look Through My Family Photo Album.
DJD

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1259 Posts
Posted 12/15/2008  11:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add djd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Grandfather Crawford

This Photo Was Taken prior To Leaving For The Great War.
All Three Survived And Lived To The Ripe Ages Of 80's.
I Have A Wonderful Memory Of All Four Brothers in
Wiarton, Ontario Playing Their Violins.
DJD

Pillar Of The Community
USA
1744 Posts
Posted 12/17/2008  10:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Awesome, DJD! What a great memory! Thanks for posting and thanks for the compliments guys!

Gussyboy1

Valued Member
Poland
13 Posts
Posted 12/18/2008  08:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

If only I still had the ones that I used to have.

Learn More...
USA
2860 Posts
Posted 12/18/2008  9:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

very interesting family photo postcards!

Pillar Of The Community
USA
1744 Posts
Posted 01/04/2009  9:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

This is my Great Aunt Carrie and her prize horse.
The back of the post card said "Dear Brother" and how she wanted her horse to perk up his ears for the photo--then signed off. Seems she could have written more than just that, but I see a lot of old post cards that say very little on the back. Some I've seen say " Just wanted to write and say "Hi" , hope to hear from you soon". I have written many that were so squished with everything I wanted to include in that terribly small space! ha

Thanks!
Gussyboy1
(kinda)1500!

Edited by gussyboy1 - 01/04/2009 9:43 pm
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1744 Posts
Posted 01/15/2009  3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The man second from the right is my grandfather Mathews (the tallest). Looks like they all stood by the train-like back drop and grinned.The other guys are friends from what I understand.

Gussyboy1

Valued Member
USA
78 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009  5:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add atlashealth to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

what a great collection of family history cards..they area priceless and should be passed down through the generations!

Pillar Of The Community
Philippines
505 Posts
Posted 05/22/2010  04:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

and they have to hold their breaths, smiles and postures for at least 10 seconds! wow!

Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
Posted 06/07/2010  9:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pobrien36 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.66 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05