Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 On Line Stamp Auction Discussions
 Ebay / StampWants / StampOffers / Auction Sites
Share this topic!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register. 

Ebay seller - nystamps

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

smauggie
Pillar Of The Community
Stamp Community SupporterSupporter!

United States
4948 Posts

Posted 12/08/2010  2:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add smauggie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Well said philb.

Send note to staff Go to Top of Page

Battlestamps
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1400 Posts

Posted 12/08/2010  4:30 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

NYStamps is basically buying lots from other auction houses (Regency, Rasdales, etc.) and merely flipping the ones they don't break down or cherry pick. If you're into buying bulk lots, I would just cut out the middle man and go to the regular auction houses.
Will

scott_05
Valued Member
26 Posts

Posted 12/08/2010  4:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scott_05 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

stampvirgin, bolding monikers is a common practice, at least on forums I frequent. Not sure what cheap shot you are referring to.

I would be very interested to know if NYStamps is actually making money by this method. I can't imagine it is much, given the dollar amount their past eBay auctions have realized. Add in eBay fees, PayPal fees, shipping, and whatever it cost them to purchase the auction lots from Regency or from Rasdales.

Seems like a low-margin business model they are running, which would explain their eBay tactics.

Edited by scott_05 - 12/08/2010 4:51 pm

timbres667
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2333 Posts

Posted 12/12/2010  12:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbres667 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I checked many times NY stamps auctions. I bought collections before but not from them. I look for collections with a good proportion of mnh stamps at least after 1940. I didn't see allot of NY stamps collection like that. I notice there is also incomplete set. I don't like because eventually I will have to buy the complete set and end up with some duplicate. I'm not really a trader.

One of the collection I bought was a Poland sheets collections from the early ones to 1979. All MNH. And also allot of BOB mint and used.I got it from Collect4all in the Netherlands. I figured the price was ok because the collection include some rare items.

The other big collection I bought was on Ebay but this one I don't remember the seller. It was my Greenland collection 95 % mnh. I still can't believe nobody outbid me because it is a really nice collection. But the poor scans of it can explain it didn't sell at a higher price.By the description I decide to go for it.

But NYstamps it's like allot of dealer selling collections I think they take the valuable sets, when there are, and sell them separatly leaving an anemic collection for auction.

Edited by timbres667 - 12/12/2010 12:48 am

KGV Collector
Pillar Of The Community

Australia
2505 Posts

Posted 12/12/2010  02:42 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I am still a lurker on this part of the forum.
Made my first post and the thread got locked up.
I can see why this happened without any trouble.
Just an observance about on-line sell and buying that this part of our forum deals with.
It is to me falling into the category of do not speak about religion and politics as it causes bad conflict dialogue problems.

But in saying this if there was not some form of conflict involved I would not have a balanced learning experience.
For me please be a bit more careful when you have a totally different experience than someone else. We need to be a bit more polite with the topics here. The information is far more important than to vent some anger that offends, that leads to a locked up thread. Happy stamping. KGV

philb
Pillar Of The Community

USA
9732 Posts

Posted 12/12/2010  09:31 am  Show Profile Check philb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I agree KG5 Collector, we are people who for the most part do not meet in person..i hope we can express our views without offending others. Being here is like driving a car a privilege not a right..Amen !

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853

stampvirgin
Pillar Of The Community

United States
4103 Posts

Posted 12/12/2010  11:09 am  Show Profile Check stampvirgin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

i think perhaps we can keep a topic that we can maintain of dodgy sellers. the sole purpose to help prevent others here from bad experiences.

If I say, I had a problem with a seller, bought stamps, never got them, no refund or not as described, no refund.. those are legit gripes.
IF a seller has a history of bad behavior then others should be warned. But it should be based on fact, not hearsay.

revenuecollector
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1108 Posts

Posted 12/12/2010  2:01 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

nystamps is notorious for the manner in which he/they market their collections:

1. Salt the lot with a few marginal/faulty high-value stamps in stock cards.

2. Write in the albums little pencil notations that claim the owner paid full catalog value or higher for certain stamps. When asked about it, they claim that it is the previous owners' markings, but it's always in the same handwriting.

The only good thing I have to say about them is that they will accept returns on these lots without difficulty.

Still, caveat emptor and NEVER pay any attention to any markings in their collections. Also, be careful of misidentified stamps.

-Dan

stampvirgin
Pillar Of The Community

United States
4103 Posts

Posted 12/13/2010  10:20 am  Show Profile Check stampvirgin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

HI Dan, Welcome to the Light side of the Force. :)

shareminator
Valued Member
Slovakia (Slovak Republic)
89 Posts

Posted 12/17/2010  2:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shareminator to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Some stamps are overpriced, but you can be sure, that you are buying real ones.

novato
Valued Member
Ecuador
120 Posts

Posted 12/17/2010  2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add novato to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

PS.I really love that "smilies"

tonymacg
Pillar Of The Community

Australia
3216 Posts

Posted 12/16/2011  10:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonymacg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Some stamps are overpriced, but you can be sure, that you are buying real ones.

I'm afraid that very much depends on what the stamp is. For example, nystamps have this

purported Bundi SG 11 for sale at the moment
http://www.ebay.com/itm/nystamps-In...310366201578

SG 11 is an emerald-green. This is what a genuine (cheaper) yellow-green SG 11a looks like:

You can see that the nystamps stamp is a poor quality fake. I've pointed out to them in the past when they have been selling similar Indian States fakes, and got nowhere. I won't bother this time.

I'd suggest proceeding with great caution with nystamps.

Along similar lines, but in the case of Ruby Stamps, you might like to scroll down to the disillusioned comments of the seller of this Soruth lot:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...330654300264

finches
Pillar Of The Community

Australia
679 Posts

Posted 12/17/2011  12:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add finches to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

They've been mentioned under Topic - 'Fraud, Ignorance or Greed'. Traps the unwary, inexperienced etc with ridiculous P&H costs.

Eg.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2281b-bee-b...:shop:us:102

tonymacg
Pillar Of The Community

Australia
3216 Posts

Posted 12/17/2011  05:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonymacg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I see that nystamps has just posted another batch of fakes: this time of Bussahir, although they include one genuine but worthless remainder. This is going too far. I think I'll try telling them once again.

I_Love_Stamps
Pillar Of The Community

United States
5848 Posts

Posted 12/17/2011  06:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Yes. I buy lots of stuff from nystamps. I have had no issues at all so far. Best of luck to you.

I must edit this: I totally understand Tonymac's frustration and like him a great deal and think he's an authority on the indian states but I don't buy high dollar items from nystamps. That's why I have had no issues. I will tough be a lot more cautious after reading this thread. Thank you for the insight.

Edited by I_Love_Stamps - 08/05/2012 12:33 am
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2011 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05