Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum
 
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Why This Forum?

Previous Page | Next Page    
 
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 5,463Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5125 Posts
Posted 09/02/2015   11:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Clearly we need a new top-level forum: WazDiz?


How about " $$$ How much is it worth?$?$?$ "
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by lithograving - 09/02/2015 11:22 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5963 Posts
Posted 09/02/2015   11:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like it here ,that is why I post here . Maybe the stuff I post here is directed to a different auidence . Just maybe the title and subject is gear to the general public or the beginner who are searching the internet . The idea is to bring new people to this site and not some speciality site full of boreing and techicial discussion that they feel lost . The general discussion area is what will keep a person interested to read more .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2019 Posts
Posted 09/02/2015   11:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheArtfulHinger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Honestly, I usually don't even know which forum a topic is posted in. I go straight to View Last 100 Active Topics and click on anything that sounds interesting. Only occasionally when replying do I even pay attention to the forum it's posted in.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5919 Posts
Posted 09/02/2015   11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess I'm one of those next seventy-five years collector


Not that there's anything wrong with that.



Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1947 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   04:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rohumpy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The whole discussion seems to be a little pedantic. I look at all the forums and read those posts which catch my interest. If a person only looks in a particular forum, then he or she may miss a post of interest. Such is life.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Australia
29 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   05:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jezza to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Im wondering how long it takes to skip past a topic of no interest.
Am I missing something
Honestly if the topic said, 1963 Turkish postmark, would you open it ??
With no disregaurd for Turkish philately
Jezza
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
1515 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   05:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny2U to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The whole discussion seems to be a little pedantic.

The problem is that we are stamp collectors who have a heightened pedantic gene We fly speck every stamp to the nth degree, so naturally our beloved forum also comes under scrutiny from time to time.

I never skip posts though as they all seem to have a tidbit of something of interest.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Jenny2U - 09/03/2015 05:21 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
851 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   07:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rustyc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The problem is that we are stamp collectors who have a heightened pedantic gene


Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
1435 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   09:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blcjr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some replies:
Quote:
Im wondering how long it takes to skip past a topic of no interest.
Am I missing something
Honestly if the topic said, 1963 Turkish postmark, would you open it ??
With no disregaurd for Turkish philately

Quote:
Honestly, I usually don't even know which forum a topic is posted in. I go straight to View Last 100 Active Topics and click on anything that sounds interesting. Only occasionally when replying do I even pay attention to the forum it's posted in.

Quote:
I like it here ,that is why I post here . Maybe the stuff I post here is directed to a different auidence .

Quote:
The whole discussion seems to be a little pedantic.


Okay, then do away with subject matter/content specific sections entirely. Seriously, why have them, if they mean so little?

In the end, though, this is an issue of forum moderation. If there is no intent to effectively moderate the forums, then this kind of anarchy will persist. Even get worse. I am not actually trying to change the behavior of individual posters (except indirectly, by forum moderation). I am wondering why the creators of SCF went to all the trouble to create subject matter/content specific forums if they are not going to police and enforce their use.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by blcjr - 09/03/2015 09:37 am
Forum Dad
Learn More...
USA
1780 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   09:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Okay, then do away with subject matter/content specific sections entirely. Seriously, why have them, if they mean so little?

In the end, though, this is an issue of forum moderation. If there is no intent to effectively moderate the forums, then this kind of anarchy will persist. Even get worse. I am not actually trying to change the behavior of individual posters (except indirectly, by forum moderation). I am wondering why the creators of SCF went to all the trouble to create subject matter/content specific forums if they are not going to police and enforce their use.


I'll say it again, take 10 seconds and hit the send note to staff link when you see a topic in the wrong forum. Problem solved.

I don't know why it's so hard, with just a little cooperation from the members everything will be where it belongs.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Okay, then do away with subject matter/content specific sections entirely


They mean a lot to me in searching. I constantly look in the World Classic Forums and the Canadian Forums, my main interests. When I post, I always try to put the topic in the correct forum.

I am also one of the snitches that report items I think belong in another sub-forum *ducking*
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Edited by BeeSee - 09/03/2015 09:47 am
Pillar Of The Community
1435 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blcjr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll say it again, take 10 seconds and hit the send note to staff link when you see a topic in the wrong forum. Problem solved.

I don't know why it's so hard, with just a little cooperation from the members everything will be where it belongs.


Until NOW, I really didn't understand that this was they way it worked here. Now that I understand...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Forum Dad
Learn More...
USA
1780 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool, just be sure to say which forum it does belong in. Some of them are hard for me, I'm more of a coin guy.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5963 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   11:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"this kind of anarchy will persist " I only got one thing to say -----GOODBYE .........will delete the chatboard off my computer ,that should stop the anarchy. GOOD BYE TO THE FRIENDS I MADE HERE .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2055 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ohhhh noooooo. We can't play now if the kid who brought the ball is going home. Rats.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 5,463Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05