Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Argentinian Sg 106 Story Requested

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,278Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
426 Posts
Posted 10/06/2010   11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add peterethio to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know the story behind this stamp? It is SG 106 (at least I think it is). Why does it have a horizontal centre perferation?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
943 Posts
Posted 10/07/2010   02:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbcev80 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi peterethio,

In my 1989 SG South America Part 20 I do not have a SG106. The numbers go from 103 to 108. The stamp shown is SG48 or SG49 depending on the type of overprint.

The Scott classic catalog lists a "perforated across the middle" variety for each of the 2 overprint varieties. According to the 2007 catalog:

Large "P" and wide "V" in Provisorio
42b Mint $30 Used $22.50

Small "P" and narrow "V" in Provisorio
42 Mint $4 Used $4

I am assuming the stamp was perforated across the middle to make a 1/4 centavo stamp.

I did not dig around too much on the site below but maybe the answer lies there or in one of the links:

http://www.filateliaargentina.com.ar/main.eng.html

Jerry B
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 10/11/2010   4:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jerry, Thanks for the link !!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,278Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05