Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Austrian Stamps Found

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,097Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
Posted 10/14/2010   12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mark44004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A guy I know has come accross a bunch of old foriegn stamps. Many of them are Austrian and German, Third Reich and other. We have one that is imperfed and looks to be quite old. It is more yellow than orange, has a number 68 in a circle for a cancel, and is very hard to read. I keep trying to have him scan it as well as others to help id them. I know you folks will help out. Once I get them scanned, I'll post them here in this thread.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
750 Posts
Posted 10/14/2010   4:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Edwin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
cant wait.... I love the old stuff!!
I may not be much help but I'll cheer you all on.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 10/14/2010   7:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have just been loaned a Michel German catalogue (from Germany) because I have a stamp (and want to collect more of them) that has a number in a circle that looks like a star and is called a mill wheel, having spokes radiating out from the circle.

The number inside represents the town or city depending in which era the stamp is and which exact type of cancel. I would love to see it when you can.

My stamp is from Bavaria (or Bayern in German), a German State.

I am no expert but some here are I think. Also, there are lots of fakes and forgeries of early German State stamps to be on the look out for.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1694 Posts
Posted 10/14/2010   7:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Give me the Mi # and I'll tell you where it was canceled.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,097Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.15 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05