Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

George Perkins Stamp Cover Collection

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 11/28/2010   12:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you do soak them (good idea!) watch for the ink used to write on the page, it may run.

Photo or copy the page first so you have the info OK. And cut around the stamps, getting that writing away from the to-be-soaked-in-water parts.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
Posted 11/28/2010   4:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am seriously considering that I should not do anything to the book with the stuck stamps, but rather sell it AS IS. I would hate to destroy the page if someone more expert could salvage it.

To those of you that think I am being driven crazy by this - YES I am.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1512 Posts
Posted 11/29/2010   10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bfranton to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh... but it's a good kind of crazy. Thanks so much for all the wonderful pictures and information. Helps some of us minor fish...:)
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
Posted 02/15/2019   11:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Revenue N Covers to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Read through this thread and searched to see what happened? How did it just stop here? Did not have any luck on google searching either- Does anyone know the rest of the story? Thanks, RnC
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
755 Posts
Posted 02/26/2019   07:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This was a very interesting thread. Wondering how it all worked out.....

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1848 Posts
Posted 02/26/2019   11:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting and worthwhile thread to revive.

Some of his estate went here -

https://www.whalingmuseum.org/explo...-aids/mss120

I don't know about the stamps.

Quote:
Provenance

Materisl in this collection were donated to the New Bedford Whaling Museum in 2011 at the bequest of Bequest of George C. Perkins and Margaret F. Perkins, Accession #2011.24. These papers were compiled by New Bedford attorney George C. Perkins (1921-2005). Perkins, one of the founders of the New Bedford historic architecture preservation organization WHALE (the Waterfront Historic Area League), was a partner in the law firm of Crapo, Clifford, Prescott, Bullard and McLeod and he built much of this collection upon the reams of legal documents generated by the cases handled by the firm from as early as 1879 when the firm was called Crapo, Clifford & Clifford.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05