Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Big Flea Mkt Today !

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9741 Posts
Posted 04/19/2008   08:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add philb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Big flea mkt in Rhinebeck fairgrounds today..few hundred vendors..hey if I get bored walking around I can always find a box of postcards to browse through...perhaps find one or two to display here !!
Send note to Staff
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853

Pillar Of The Community
USA
2864 Posts
Posted 04/19/2008   08:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
good hunting, philb!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1744 Posts
Posted 04/19/2008   11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
phil,
IF you see any FLAG cancels that are LOW COST--please pick them up for me!! Pretty please!!

Gussyboy1
Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not No How!"
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3722 Posts
Posted 04/19/2008   11:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy hunting Phil.

Not only do we not have such flea markets but I have to work weekends now for most of the summer.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9741 Posts
Posted 04/19/2008   2:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
T360 thank you for the well wishes it worked...Connie sorry there were surprisingly very few postcards..there was one guy selling stamps..he didnt know anything about them so I made out very well..will post some of the items for you guys including a red cross sheet from 1945 Poland/Dachau..Connie will absolutely look for flag cancels for you through my stuff..Diane sorry to hear the bad news..no flea markets and back to work..but try to stay tuned here !
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Valued Member
United States
20 Posts
Posted 08/17/2008   08:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Judybug to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a friend who haunts the flea markets for old post cards - not to collect them, but to send them on. He writes his own message in the margins (sometimes he doesn't have room to say much), then he puts his 27 cent stamp right next to the stamp that was used to send the post card the first time. He crosses out the old address and writes in the new one - or sometimes the old address is so faded, he can write right over it. The post office actually delivers these second-go-round post cards. I have several of them.

I'm sure this makes serious post card collectors cringe and I'm not suggesting that anyone do this, but my friend gets a kick out of recycling these old post cards. And when I receive his cards, I enjoy his message as well as the original one.

Judybug
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9741 Posts
Posted 08/17/2008   08:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Judybug, thats a different one..hey if he enjoys it..i have thought about picking up older unused postcards to mail..but then I revert to my true self and look for ones with stamps on them !
Pillar Of The Community
United States
914 Posts
Posted 08/18/2008   10:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rlorenz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Judyug

I also like to dig thru the old postcards. Mt problem is we just have flea market malls here and most of the sellers are professional vendors, so everything is usually priced way to high But I keep looking for that rare bargin! besides it is great fun
rick l
APS# 214326, I.S.G.C.# 979
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05