Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Tb Charity Stamps

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 6,374Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2547 Posts
Posted 10/28/2010   10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Russ to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

In the U.S. everyone knows the fine accomplishments from the sale of Christmas seals. Thought I would share a few others.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2547 Posts
Posted 10/28/2010   10:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Russ to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A few more

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 10/28/2010   10:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Choo Choo's of Mexico.

One third of the world's population are thought to be infected with M. tuberculosis, and new infections occur at a rate of about one per second. The proportion of people who become sick with tuberculosis each year is stable or falling worldwide but, because of population growth, the absolute number of new cases is still increasing. In 2007 there were an estimated 13.7 million chronic active cases, 9.3 million new cases, and 1.8 million deaths, mostly in developing countries. In addition, more people in the developed world are contracting tuberculosis because their immune systems are compromised by immunosuppressive drugs, substance abuse, or AIDS. The distribution of tuberculosis is not uniform across the globe; about 80% of the population in many Asian and African countries test positive in tuberculin tests, while only 5-10% of the US population test positive.

Tubercular decay has been identified in Egyptian mummies.

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 10/28/2010   10:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice assortment, although I must admit I don't recognize all of the countries. For example, what/where is SABATA?

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 10/28/2010   10:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

PS: Meant to add, love your French set, I have been after these
for 6 years and only have 5.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2547 Posts
Posted 10/28/2010   11:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Russ to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sabata is the Sabah anti tuberculosis association Nobata is the North Borneo anti tuberculosis association.
Edited by Russ - 10/28/2010 11:05 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 10/28/2010   11:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 10/28/2010   11:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info on Sabata (Sabah).

BTW, that Mexico Train Sheet is fascinating...but it looks as if it has denominations on the stamps. Were they semi-postals or something? Not that I can read Spanish, but I can't quite make out the text at the bottom of the sheet, but it does look as if it has a web site address, so I assume it's a recent issue.
Edited by wt1 - 10/28/2010 11:14 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 10/28/2010   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well spotted wt1,
not my sheet, picked up whilst farming for something else.
I always keep any train thematics.
You could be right, maybe semi postal.
(placed in the "too hard" bin for the moment)

Re-think: using the criteria recently posted on the Tannu Tuva
stamps, it would be unlikely to have a stamp just of a set
of train bogeys, so I am saying purely TB charity.
Edited by rod222 - 10/28/2010 11:21 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 10/28/2010   11:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just found that Mexico railroad sheet when searching the internet. I guess they are exclusively Christmas Seals.

Here's the link to a website showing all of the issues. Many for sale. Interesting that the Mexico railroad sheet from 2008 is out of stock:

http://www.tbsealsmexico.org/english.htm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 10/29/2010   12:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks.
Confirms popularity of Train collectors on stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
646 Posts
Posted 10/29/2010   02:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kuhli to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
a couple recent acquisitions for the Yugoslavia collection:

[edit]these have a value, as they are "obligatory tax stamps", required to be added to normal mail during a specified week.[/edit]
Edited by kuhli - 10/29/2010 02:56 am
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 10/29/2010   6:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Russ

Great selection. I have not seen many of them...nay, most of them.
Really nice to see.
Not seen the trains either Mr Rod !

What great seal threads there are going at the mo.

Korea cover and contents;

France Booklet and contents. [One shown earlier]

Two panes of 10, joined and attached to cover by the central Gutter.

Denmark,GB,Australia and Holland

Ceylon

One of my favourites.....

More tomorrow

Londonbus1....
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5880 Posts
Posted 10/29/2010   6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add smauggie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankfully by the time I caught tuberculosis in the early 1970's, there was an easy way to deal with it.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 10/29/2010   7:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Wow! some beauties there Double Decker,
The France booklet is a superb example,
That is the first TB seal of France (1927)
"The Kiss of the Sun"

I have seen singletons of these fetch $5 each

The Netherlands "Robin Redbreast" on piece.

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 10/30/2010   5:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
India,Finland,South Africa,Zimbabwe and The Netherlands [Imperf !]

More,more......

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 6,374Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05