Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ukraine Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,514Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
914 Posts
Posted 10/31/2010   03:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rlorenz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Sorry for not posting in awhile we are traveling Ukraine adopting our daughter I am thinking of starting a Ukrainian collection for her does anyone know of a good reference source for these stamps ?

I know there are stamps post Their independance from russian in 1991 and also earlier periods any advice is welcome at this point !! I have found several flea market type brouses here that do sell Russian and Ukrainian stamps but wonder about conterfit etc

Send note to Staff
rick l
APS# 214326, I.S.G.C.# 979

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6744 Posts
Posted 10/31/2010   03:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, lots of authorized AND unauthorized issues for Ukraine. For example of the older Ukraine unauthorized issues, see this thread and the included links http://goscf.com/t/9611.

In general, there have been quite a few bogus issues for many of the former soviet republics and regions. The recent Touva thread is another example. There are a couple of websites that do some basic documentation of bogus issues. I don't have the links saved on this computer. Maybe someone else has them, or you can do some googling with the keywords Russian Soviet former republics stamps bogus. There are also many many legitimate issues. But quite frankly, if it is being sold in a flea market type bourse... Even if they aren't genuine/official, even the bogus stamps are actually quite pretty. I don't mind having a few in my collection.

Safe travels! I hope the adoption goes smoothly! If you are worried about bogus issues, probably be safest to simply buy some modern stamps from the Ukrainian post office. Here in the US, modern Ukrainian stamps are harder to get; but most of the older Ukrainian stamps are pretty plentiful. Getting them in genuine used condition -- often much harder.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1468 Posts
Posted 10/31/2010   05:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can find all Ukrainian stamps since 1992 at this site:

http://home.nestor.minsk.by/fsunews...0/index.html
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5880 Posts
Posted 10/31/2010   09:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add smauggie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your sour cream intake will go up significantly. ;o)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1691 Posts
Posted 10/31/2010   10:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Your sour cream intake will go up significantly.

Don't forget Pickled everything!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1691 Posts
Posted 10/31/2010   2:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You should also look at http://www.upns.org
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 06/14/2020   7:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are any members able to translate the text on these stamps please?

2008 Candelabra. Candelabrum / Candle Tree.
Dashed if I can find it in Scott, Part of "Folk decorative Arts?"
Edited by rod222 - 06/14/2020 7:17 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2973 Posts
Posted 06/14/2020   7:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod,

After "1992" it says in Ukrainian, "H. Narbut".

The design of these stamps is based on one of the 1918 Ukraine stamps which was designed by the Ukrainian artist Heorhiy Narbut.

The candelabrum is Sc. #666 from 2007.

Nigel
Edited by nigelc - 06/14/2020 7:33 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 06/14/2020   9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aha! you are a good man Nigel.
666, No wonder it was a devil of a stamp to find.
Thank you.

The 3 Ukrainian Girls, I was wondering if they qualify for "Orphan stamps"
= No country indicated,
or, is the bottom text "Ukraine"?

Also, on Folk Art series, what does N, R, and P (In red) stand for ?

Edited by rod222 - 06/14/2020 9:19 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 06/14/2020   9:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
France
1199 Posts
Posted 06/15/2020   12:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The bottom text for the 3 Ukrainian girls is "Ukraine Post"
N,R,P,... stand for face values
For example P is for 2 USD
Here is a full list (not in english,sorry)with values in dollars or in ukrainian currency
It can be noted that some of those letters don't exist in the ukrainian alphabet
https://www.ukrposhta.ua/ru/taryfy-...shtovi-marky

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 06/15/2020   01:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fabulous, thanks vayolene.
Edited by rod222 - 06/15/2020 01:42 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,514Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05