Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ukraine Stamps

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 3,652Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
Posted 05/26/2021   12:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I agree as well as this being a western event. I wonder what the PW means in the bottom left. I'll just create a special page for this and put into a nice new clear mount.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36849 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   04:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Came across this today. Appears to be some special creation for a stamp show?

Unlisted here:
Ukraine Stamps 1918 - 2003

Valued Member
Spain
379 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   2:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello.
I am waiting for a purchase that I made from the Ukraine post office. Yearbooks seem affordable, but I don't collect complete Ukraine.
Regards.

http://pm.ukrposhta.ua/nishop.php
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36849 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   3:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
but I don't collect complete Ukraine.

I've yet to find anyone that does.
The dove overprints of 1918 could send one around the twist.
Only for the most dedicated collector.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36849 Posts
Posted 06/04/2022   03:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Union of Ukrainian Philatelists 1992
Sc#192 2 karbovanets

Beautiful Ukrainian Headress
Sc#752F 2008 1 hryvnia (huh riv nia)

Guess
Pitcher with handle
Sc#667 2007 2 hryvnia
Edited by rod222 - 06/04/2022 03:33 am
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Posted 06/09/2022   9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bcantin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, I literslly LOL'ed at your "devil of a stamp to find" (I saw The Omen in the theater when I was 12 and slept with the lights on until I was 15)

One comment from me regarding the bogus Ukraine issues. There are LOADS of these overprinted on those tiny Soviet definitives issued near the end of the USSR. Overprints usually cover 4-6 stamps, those were all created in New York City. Not genuine stamps but interesting nonetheless.
3 Posts
Posted 08/07/2022   08:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FRV to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone here will be aware, no doubt, of the incredible popularity of Ukraine Post's 'Warship' stamp; part of the country's self-promotion in its fight against the Russian invasion.

Private dealers were cashing in on the former (which sold out over a million copies, I believe) by reproducing its image on Ukraine Post's 'personalized stamps' product, leading people to believe that they were 'official' stamps. Ukrposhta has since banned use of the warship image on 'personalized stamps'.

Here's an example, with the offending stamp (top left of the row) on a commemorative cover issued by Cossack Post, a private producer based in Lviv who regularly releases Ukrainian nationalist stamps using the 'personalized stamps' product, including controversial designs that are not featured on his website.

The asking price of the above cover is US $170.00 on eBay!

Here's a 'personalized stamp' before being personalised. There have been a number of designs over the years. A perforated tab contains the country name and value, giving it postal validity, but can be removed if desired.

Stamps of various nations are forming an interesting backdrop to the war in Ukraine.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9085 Posts
Posted 08/07/2022   08:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
FRV - Many thanks for that informative post. The creativity of dealers and other sellers when it comes to extracting money from collectors is ever amazing.

Your reference of one million stamps for the original issue is interesting as well. The Post Office had published a much lower quantities issued number in the beginning. I always suspected that it was not exactly true given demand. My prediction is that in the future the Warship stamps will be very commonly found.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 3,652Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05