Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Baseball Picture Post Cards

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Forum Dad
USA
1449 Posts
Posted 01/05/2008   3:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poking around looking for some baseball picture postcards and found some cool ones. Here's one from around 1905.......

Anyone collect baseball themes?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
USA
126 Posts
Posted 01/05/2008   4:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Metalman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby

How common are these? I don't think I have ever seen one before ? it seems like in the early years of the 20th century that they would have been fairly common place with the explosive growth of baseball in that era ,,but survival has to be very limited .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2864 Posts
Posted 01/05/2008   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool baseball theme card!

Mailed Aug 2, 1905? Denver Colorado

In haste,
"You're a Knocker"
Freind Miss Clarcke
I am still a knocking around yet.
I am sorry I could not answer before.
I have been to bussie (busy).
from a freind S.R.

He must have made a somewhat favorable impression, because Miss Clarcke
did not throw the card away!

I doubt that these baseball postcards are very common today.
Valued Member
USA
78 Posts
Posted 01/11/2008   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add atlashealth to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Read the text...it's a hoot!
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2864 Posts
Posted 01/12/2008   08:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think my wife would have been very impressed.
Valued Member
USA
246 Posts
Posted 02/29/2008   06:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Prince Afa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
bobby - I assume you know what is what since you're the forum DAD etc....

I collect baseball cards, but have no knowledge of what you've posted. BUT based on what you've shown, I'd be careful with that. It looks like something that could be worth something.

I'm guessing you know that already :) By the way, are those autographs on the item or what... Just a curious piece.
Valued Member
USA
37 Posts
Posted 05/12/2008   11:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bluegrassriver to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
what is the name of the baseball player?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05