Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Auto Stocks

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 6,069Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
Posted 11/06/2010   11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is a blast from the past. Studebaker-Packard

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 11/07/2010   09:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those are great. I know someone whom runs a Packard museum in Afton OK in a vintage DX gas station found along historic Route 66. She would love those!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2797 Posts
Posted 03/05/2011   11:56 am  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to see an American Motors one! :-)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 03/08/2011   3:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be interested in seeing any US automobile companies stocks: Chevrolet, Pontiac, Ford, Lincoln,etc. I may have to start a new collecting interest related to my favorite topic.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1154 Posts
Posted 10/06/2014   7:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another transportation-themed thread that deserves a bump. Here's a bond from the Chrysler Financial Corp, the subsidiary that lent money to car buyers (as long as they were buying a new Chrysler). It's got a nice image of the Chrysler hood ornament as part of the central vignette. What interested me most about this one (enough to buy it) was the denomination -- $14 million. This is the highest value bond I've ever seen!

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 10/06/2014   8:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And at 9.5% interest!

As for the named recipient of the security consider this (from Wiki):

Quote:
Cede and Company, also known as "Cede and Co." or "Cede & Co.", is an organization formed for the purpose of efficiently processing transfers of stock certificates on behalf of Depository Trust Company, the central securities depositary used by the United States National Market System, which system includes the New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq, and other exchanges together with associated clearinghouses such as NSCC, FICC, DTCC, etc.
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
Posted 10/08/2014   11:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My only stock certificate. This one was purchased by my Dad in hopes of hitting it big with a revolutionary new car. Well, that didn't work so now it hangs on my office wall.

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 10/08/2014   11:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interestingly, similar Tucker Corporation stock certificates are going for $100+ on eBay (based on "sold" listings), so maybe there is at least some intrinsic value to it.
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
Posted 10/08/2014   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To me this one is priceless.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1154 Posts
Posted 10/27/2014   3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I fired up my scanner over the weekend and have a few more to add. The Studebaker certificate is a little earlier than the first one posted -- it shows the Studebaker's first blacksmith shop.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...%2Bstock.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...%2Bstock.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...%2Bstock.jpg

It surprises me that only one of these certificates actually depicts an automobile, so here's an American Bank Note vignette to make up for it.

Edited by GregAlex - 10/27/2014 8:03 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 6,069Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05