Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nice Cancel, Slogan Or Postmark?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 156 / Views: 30,471Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1239 Posts
Posted 04/28/2017   10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rtvstamps, I enjoy reading your posts and seeing your stamps very much.
My entry for the topic is this El Obeid (now known as Al Ubayyid) cancel which is the state capital of North Kurdufan in southern Sudan.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Mexico
177 Posts
Posted 05/10/2017   02:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rtvstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your kind comments stampfan9!. The Sudan stamp is very nice with these Postmark.

Regards!
Rodolfo
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2770 Posts
Posted 06/04/2017   3:23 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Picked this up yesterday... just had to!

Valued Member
Mexico
177 Posts
Posted 06/06/2017   1:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rtvstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello!

With Pengüins!. Allweiter Zoo in Germany (All Weather Zoo).

Regards!
Rodolfo
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2024 Posts
Posted 06/12/2017   12:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm, no Smokey:

There he is!

Probably not cancelled when sent and cancelled on receipt in the US. I've seen this cancel every once in a while on Sukarno stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2770 Posts
Posted 08/29/2017   6:37 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
30177 Posts
Posted 08/29/2017   8:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Save Waste / Paper Metals /Bones Rags

Edited by rod222 - 08/29/2017 8:46 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1239 Posts
Posted 08/29/2017   10:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For the topic:
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3622 Posts
Posted 09/02/2017   12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another from the "BOOM" style. This is BOOMI, New South Wales, Australia, population 246 in 2006 census. I don't think it was actually sent through the mail, as even the person wrote, "Boomi?". Notice that even the Queen is crying ...

Edited by Partime - 09/02/2017 12:17 pm
Valued Member
United States
366 Posts
Posted 09/03/2017   11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Partime: I got a real bang out of your Boom!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
981 Posts
Posted 09/03/2017   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From my Esperanto collection, a few nice reminders to use air mail, from Belgium (Gebruik[t] de luchtpost / Utilisez la poste aérienne) and Germany (Benutzt die Luftpost!).

Valued Member
United States
366 Posts
Posted 09/11/2017   07:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Let's go! ...but where?
Did people really do this?
Valued Member
United States
20 Posts
Posted 09/14/2017   3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wlbarclay to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use Photobucket. Sometimes I post photos on this site using Photobucket, yet sometimes StampCommunity says I can't. What's up?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
981 Posts
Posted 09/15/2017   01:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Back in June, Photobucket decided that they would charge for third party hosting, that is, using Photobucket to post images on other websites. Their cheapest plan that actually allows third party hosting costs $400 per year. Since most people aren't willing to pay that, they've started blocking their images. I say "started" because they haven't blocked them all. I'm not paying their absurd $400 subscription fee now or ever, but they haven't blocked any of my images. I haven't tried to use Photobucket to host any new images since then, however, so that may explain why they haven't pursued blocking me yet.

Since SCF allows you to upload images directly, I don't see any reason to bother with using Photobucket or any other image host on this site.
Edited by erilaz - 09/15/2017 02:03 am
Valued Member
United States
20 Posts
Posted 09/15/2017   07:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wlbarclay to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Since SCF allows you to upload images directly, I don't see any reason to bother with using Photobucket or any other image host on this site.

Thank you for your response. How does one upload images 'directly'?
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 156 / Views: 30,471Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.52 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05