Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Blue Flea : Advanced Information.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 11,122Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4593 Posts
Posted 11/30/2010   11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been in that site before and it does have a lot of information on the Blue Fleas.

I also understand that there was a yellow stamp in the same size as the "Notopfer" ones but seldom seen near as much as their blue counterparts. In fact, I am not sure if it served the same purpose or not. Can't remember if this was in the GPS site or not??

Chimo

Bujutsu

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31650 Posts
Posted 11/30/2010   5:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 11/30/2010   5:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
i have been searching through old stamp magazines...not sure if it was the American Philatelist or the Global Stamp News..but there was an article on the "blue flea" and how some of them..i believe with the red overprint can be extremely valuable..i have had no luck finding that article or my Barefoot revenue catalog pages for the Cape of Good Hope...it drives me coo coo when I misplace something !
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31650 Posts
Posted 11/30/2010   5:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I think misplacing things is a collectors lot, Phil.
no one escapes it, if you do,
you don't have enough stamps

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1947 Posts
Posted 12/01/2010   06:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rohumpy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The website which has the notopfer exhibit, also has some other really fascinating exhibits. The one on the inflation period of Germany after WWI was so interesting that I got lost in it for hours. The other German material in the exhibits was good too. I began downloading to save and noticed that one was 76 MB. That took a few minutes of download time.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4593 Posts
Posted 12/01/2010   12:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod

I believe that is the other small stamp I am referring to. Thanks for the scans. I am under the opinion that these are not as readily available as the regular "Blue Fleas"??

Chimo

Bujutsu
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31650 Posts
Posted 12/01/2010   4:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are the only ones I have come across Bujutsu
in 10 years, but confess for the past 12 months
I have not been to many auctions or exhibitions
due to moving homes.
I used to attend at least three a month.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1947 Posts
Posted 12/02/2010   06:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rohumpy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
After going through the exhibit on inflation issues of Germany, I dug one up on buckacover and it is on the way. Surprisingly it was not that expensive. Now to do the same for a notopfer on cover.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31650 Posts
Posted 12/02/2010   06:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Good Luck then Rohumpy. :)

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4593 Posts
Posted 12/02/2010   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All

This is the ratio in my collection for those tiny stamps:

Perforated varieties of the Blue Fleas - - 1200+
Imperforated types of the Blue Fleas ------ 800+
Yellow Flea stamps - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1

That's it, just 1 but that is not saying that this is the true ratio worldwide lol

Chimo

Bujutsu
Valued Member
United Kingdom
278 Posts
Posted 12/02/2010   6:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add David King to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Rod. Such fun little stamps!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31650 Posts
Posted 12/02/2010   7:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks David,

Bujutsu: isn't that odd, you have 800 imperforate,
and I have never seen one.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4593 Posts
Posted 12/02/2010   9:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Odd alright Rod

On a couple of occasions I had to opportunity to buy medium sized accumukations of Germany etc and from each of these there were both perforated and imperf Blu Fleas in multiples.

Wish I could come across a few more of the Yellow counterparts for comparison sake. Who knows, maybe in the near future

Chimo

Bujutsu
Valued Member
Bahamas
404 Posts
Posted 08/12/2012   12:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tefloncinco to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got me thinking.

Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
Posted 10/06/2012   7:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jopie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been reading about the Blue Flea tax. I have this cover and I can not figure out why the one cancelled in Hanover on Oct.30,'49 does not have the blue label. And why is there a stamp from Baden on the cover? Can anyone help me on this? Thanks!
Jopie

Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 11,122Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.53 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05