Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

BRIDGES,BRIDGES,BRIDGES! on stamps  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 47
Pillar Of The Community
7155 Posts
Posted 04/01/2013   07:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are images of the two stamps (the second one is airmail) in a set depicting the Bridge of the Americas (Thatcher Ferry Bridge) while under construction, and also as completed, printed by lithography, and issued by Panama on October 12, 1962 to commemorate the opening of the bridge, Scott Nos. 442 & C273.

- nethryk

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by nethryk - 04/01/2013 07:23 am
France, Metropolitan
1 Posts
Posted 04/24/2013   11:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add reneroine to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Tefloncinco,

I have a stamp with a steam train upon a brdge. I guess it has been issued by Iran, can you confirm this point ? And scondly, I would like to know year it has been isssued ?

Thanks a lot for any piece of information.

Cordialement

René from Cluny (France)

Pillar Of The Community
7155 Posts
Posted 04/25/2013   07:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
reneroine - Bienvenue ŕ SCF.

Since Tefloncinco hasn't posted anything here in quite some time, I thought I'd answer your question. Your train and bridge stamp was printed by lithography and issued by Iran in 1944, Scott No. 883.

- nethryk
Valued Member
Germany
132 Posts
Posted 05/20/2013   08:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add heinz55 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Below a new issue of Germany.
This bridge connects the island of Fehmarn with the continent.
Not an attractive stamp, I think. But Germany seems to have lost part of its good taste.

Pillar Of The Community
7155 Posts
Posted 06/10/2013   08:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Arlington Green Bridge is a covered bridge in Arlington, Vermont, crossing Batten Kill. It was built in 1852 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Here is an image of a priority mail stamp (on piece) depicting the Arlington Green Bridge in autumn, designed by Illinois artist Dan Cosgrove, printed by photogravure, and issued by the USA on January 25, 2013, Scott No. 4738.

- nethryk

Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
793 Posts
Posted 06/28/2013   04:44 am  Show Profile Check tantsbsac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tantsbsac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This Singapore stamp featuring a railway bridge is part of a 4-stamp issue on Historic Railway Stations, issued on 28 February 2013. Scott 1596.
Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
793 Posts
Posted 06/28/2013   07:12 am  Show Profile Check tantsbsac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tantsbsac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This miniature sheet was released in 2012 as the first 3-year series leading to the Singapore 2015 World Stamp Exhibition. While the stamps in the miniature sheet feature birds, the sheet background shows the night scene of the Henderson Waves, an artistic construction of a pedestrian bridge across Henderson Road. This miniature sheet was also released as an imperf.
Edited by tantsbsac - 06/28/2013 07:33 am
Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
793 Posts
Posted 06/29/2013   01:53 am  Show Profile Check tantsbsac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tantsbsac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This miniature sheet was released in 2009 for a joint issue between Singapore and the Philippines, on the theme of bridges. Of the 4 stamps, 2 show bridges in Singapore and the other 2 those from the Philippines. The bridges found in Singapore are the Cavenagh Bridge, one of the oldest bridge in Singapore, and the Henderson Waves; those found in the Philippines are the Bamban Bridge, and the Marcelo B. Fernan Bridge.
Edited by tantsbsac - 06/29/2013 01:54 am
Valued Member
32 Posts
Posted 06/30/2013   04:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Retronatrix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another stamp I can't seem to find in my catalog so not sure which bridge it is. Sorry.

Pillar Of The Community
7155 Posts
Posted 06/30/2013   08:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Retronatrix - Welcome to SCF! Your Japan prefecture stamp depicts the Oomishimabashi Bridge; it was issued on April 26, 1999, Scott No. Z301. Here is a slightly older Japanese bridge:

The Kintai Bridge is a historical wooden arch bridge, built in 1673, which spans the Nishiki River in a series of five wooden arches. It is located in the city of Iwakuni in Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan. Here is an image of a stamp depicting this bridge, printed by lithography, and issued by Japan on October 10, 2000, Scott No. Z434, plus a photo of this popular tourist site.

- nethryk

Valued Member
32 Posts
Posted 06/30/2013   09:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Retronatrix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
nethryk, thanks so much for doing the searching for me! I'm working out of a variety of old Scott's and am having a horrid time figuring out which Japanese issue is national and which are perfectures. Driving me crazy.....crazier.
Pillar Of The Community
7155 Posts
Posted 08/26/2013   3:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Retronatrix - You're welcome!

Here are images of the three stamps in a set depicting old stone bridges built around 1900 on various islands, designed by Faroese painter Ingálvur av Reyni (1920-2005), engraved by Czeslaw Slania, and issued by Faroe Islands on October 13, 1986, Scott Nos. 149-51, Facit Nos. 144-46.

- nethryk

Glyvrar, Eysturoy

Leypanagjógv at Oyrargjógv, Vágar

Skćlingur, Streymoy
Edited by nethryk - 08/26/2013 3:44 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Chile
1094 Posts
Posted 10/23/2013   10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jorgesurcl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
El Salvador 1942
Custaclán Bridge

Pillar Of The Community
7155 Posts
Posted 10/25/2013   08:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Martrou Lift Bridge, which crossed the Charente River in Rochefort, was built in 1964-66, but demolished in 1991. Here is an image of a stamp depicting the lift bridge, designed and engraved by Claude Haley, and issued by France on July 20, 1968 to commemorate the the opening of the bridge, Scott No. 1217, Y&T No. 1564. Note: The bridge in the background is the Rochefort-Martrou Transporter Bridge. It was built between 1898 and 1900, abandoned in 1967 for the lift bridge, but refurbished by 1994 and it is now open as a historical monument.

- nethryk

Pillar Of The Community
Slovenia
838 Posts
Posted 12/07/2013   11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add primoz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Five Slovenian bridges I. - 2013

Bridge over the Soča in Kanal
The mighty double arch stone bridge was built in the years between 1815 and 1817,with the help of priest, mountaineer, healer and printer Valentin Stanič and, rumour has it, based on plans by the famous architect Pietro da Nobile. During World War I, the bridge
shared the fate of the Posočje region. The war ended, and by 1920 the bridge`s fallen eastern arch was rebuilt as it had been before. The bridge became the most recognisable symbol of the town of Kanal. Today, it is especially renowned as the scene of dives into the blue Soča river.

The Triple Bridge in Ljubljana.
In the years 1841 and 1842, the old wooden Špital Bridge over the Ljubljanica, which is mentioned in written sources dating as far back as 1280, was replaced with a new stone double arch bridge under master builder Giovanni Picco. After the great earthquake of 1895, civic planners began considering plans to replace it with a new, wider bridge. The realisation of the plans was delayed until after World War I. The architect Jože Plečnik succeeded with his proposal that the venerable old bridge be preserved and complemented with 2 free-standing bridges that would serve as footbridges for pedestrians.
Edited by primoz - 01/09/2014 1:21 pm
Page: of 47 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Which one to choose from 3C. 1857 -61
  Spanish American War patriotics and revenue usages.
  Great Britain Scott #65?
  Bulgaria Aquatic championship 1985
  Swedsh coil scott # 319a
  UK 1971 strike post to US via France
  How do you accurately measure such small dimensions
  hole-punch or page protectors?
  Recently Acquired Examples of Scott 24
  RB1 & RB2 paper differences?
  Image Optimizer Help
  George v. Any interest
  Mexico - 5 Classic Stamps
  strange re- value on a 2 cent washington
  colour on franklin 1cent
  Help deciphering a WW2 cover please
  APS and ATA to Co-Host 2018 Stamp Show
  Spain Scott 338a showing many ink lines and other printing flaws.
  Vario and Digital, so simple
  Full Iran sheet you won't see very often
  My Australian Oddities
  Help identifying a Scott 499 or 500?
  Papua and New Guinea : On Steiner Pages.
  Now this is one seriously red stamp
  I wonder if this item is never hinged?

calf of man on cover
  Show us your U.S. revenue SOTN/bullseye cancels!
  Which one to choose from 3C. 1857 -61
  Regency Stamp Auctions in St. Louis
  Zeps-king of the skies
  Unseen RED LINE EFO's on Queen Elisabeth - 1 cent(1953-65 Canada)
  Minkus Supreme Global Album Back in Print
  Spanish American War patriotics and revenue usages.
  My Australian Oddities
  Help ID Australian 4d Orange, Scott 31
  What you like to see on US Stamps that has not been done yet
  Great Britain Scott #65?
  Papua and New Guinea : On Steiner Pages.
  APS and ATA to Co-Host 2018 Stamp Show
  Help identifying a Scott 499 or 500?
  Swedsh coil scott # 319a
  colour on franklin 1cent
  Do you recognize this cancellation?
  strange re- value on a 2 cent washington
  UK 1971 strike post to US via France
  How do you accurately measure such small dimensions
  Bulgaria Aquatic championship 1985
  hole-punch or page protectors?
  Science-Fiction/Fantasy Stamps
  Things you Probably Won't Find at Dealer Tables

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.72 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05