Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Online News Source

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 8,806Next Topic  
Learn More...
United States
4729 Posts
Posted 12/10/2010   6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add kirks to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picking up on laswabbie's thread about Information Overload, and following his link to http://www.stampnewsnow.com/

I found this offer:

Quote:
The first Online-Only General Interest Stamp Publication! 20 or more pages of U.S. and Worldwide editorial content every other week starting January 7, 2011. Designed to take full advantage of web publishing without the constraints of a print magazine. Special Pre-publication offer - DEADLINE 12/15/10 $9.00 for 26 Online Issues, Regular price after Deadline is $15.00.

$9 isn't too bad for half a year. Has anyone subscribed yet?

KirkS

[P.S. This is not a promotion or endorsement on my part; just curiosity]

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
USA
3315 Posts
Posted 12/10/2010   11:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laswabbie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't, but considering it. I'm hoping they get the sample up before the 12/15 deadline.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
31 Posts
Posted 12/11/2010   12:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add barstoll to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link, Kirk.

Depending on the sample, it looks promising.
Learn More...
United States
4729 Posts
Posted 12/20/2010   11:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
{bumping my own thread}

LASWABBIE & Others:

The deadline has been extended to 31 December
http://www.stampnewsonline.net/index.htm

Also, they have posted a "Sampler" Issue online.

The sample issue seems to be mostly stories from Meekels, originally printed near the end of the Classic Era. So, it might be interesting for the historical information, but it might not be relevant to current events.

I'm curious --- if anyone here decides to subscribe, please let us know.

KirkS
Learn More...
United States
4729 Posts
Posted 10/30/2011   09:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
{bumping my own thread -- again}

Did anyone ever subscribe to this?

Any feedback? Reviews?

KirkS
Valued Member
Spain
149 Posts
Posted 05/27/2012   03:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dvaldemoro to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks a lot for the link
Very interesting.

David
Valued Member
Hong Kong
13 Posts
Posted 07/09/2012   7:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add HKStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it's very interesting. I used to subscribe to Linns online edition but it became too expensive and I didn't renew afterwards.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3012 Posts
Posted 07/15/2012   5:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add apastuszak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm looking at it now. From the preliminary observation of the sample November 2010 issue:

Pros:

1. Web interface is way better than the Linn's
2 You can download a PDF. A HUGE plus. That means you can take it offline.

Cons:

1. Not a lot of new issue discussion. Heck, I really didn't see any in the sample issue.
2. Since Amos doesn't own them, there are no Scott New Issue updates
3. Comes out monthly instead of weekly
1 Posts
Posted 07/28/2012   1:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ar3505 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Where do I find info on list of usps pictorial cancels that will be issued?
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 8,806Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05