Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bullseye And Socked On Nose Cancels

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 835 / Views: 135,535Next Topic
Page: of 56
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4232 Posts
Posted 05/06/2020   1:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KIESELBRONN 75249

This modern German postmark indicates that the letter was presented at the post office counter in Kieselbronn, Baden-Wuerttemberg. Fortunately, the stamp did not receive a second, disfiguring cancel after it was sent to the "Briefzentrum 76" (district letter processing center) in Karlsruhe.

As modern Germany collectors know, the vast majority of stamps receive a Briefzentrum cancel. From Wikipedia, "Before 1993, there were more than 1000 centers for the processing of letters. With the introduction of the new postal codes in Germany, 83 different district centers were built between 1994 and 1998...(Today) there are 82 district processing centers."

Population of Kieselbronn is 3010 (12.31.18 Wikipedia).

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4232 Posts
Posted 05/24/2020   12:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
By order of the Imperial Russian Ministry of the Interior, beginning May 1, 1891 Russian stamps could be used in Finland. Here is a Russian 2 kopeck definitive of 1909 used to pay the domestic rate for a postcard from Boback to Helsinki.

The Boback cancel is from a contracted postal place, probably a general store, rather than from a postal facility. The Boback name is Swedish; the Finnish name for the location is Luoma. This type of straight-line cancel for contract locations was used at least through the early 1980's, as the clipping with the 1983 Jylanki cancel shows.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
68 Posts
Posted 06/01/2020   05:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Turntostone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweden official Sg O30b with
Norrkoping 31-5-1900 cancellation.

Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pnjstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I should've waited for Father's Day to post this one...
Valued Member
Australia
118 Posts
Posted 06/17/2020   07:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Some nice stamps in here since I last looked :)

Norway, Constitutional assembly May 10th. 1914. Engr. P13 1/2.
Scott # 97.

Valued Member
Australia
118 Posts
Posted 06/18/2020   06:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I have been basic I.D.ing my Germany & German states for some time, so here's some more I've come across for you.
I haven't got to the first 3 yet but the last one is Saar Sc. # o13.

Valued Member
United States
343 Posts
Posted 06/18/2020   11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Mickrow sock is a beauty! A small village now Mikorowo in Poland.
Valued Member
Australia
118 Posts
Posted 06/19/2020   06:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you EdziuMM, I'm not up on cancels yet, I will add a note next to it on the page. isn't it a shame we can't sometimes transpose the cancel onto a better non-faded example of the stamp ;)

I'm having a rest from Saar tonight & put out a pile of Bayern on the desk to sort & these just jumped out :) That seems to be happening more often since I started poping in here The first two big size stamps were interesting because of the place names part in history,.. & because the number 23 at the end on one of them & only 3 after the place name on the other.

Some more for your enjoyment, all the best mate.

Edited by Jad - 06/19/2020 06:39 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
925 Posts
Posted 06/29/2020   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DonSellos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pilchowitz, Upper Silesia, now Pilchowice, Poland, on Sc. 28.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1248 Posts
Posted 07/07/2020   9:40 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 56 Previous TopicReplies: 835 / Views: 135,535Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05