Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Water On Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 196 / Views: 43,362Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2574 Posts
Posted 01/23/2011   07:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbres667 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful sequence of pictures of water dropping.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2574 Posts
Posted 01/23/2011   10:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbres667 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Europa Albania 2001

Here's water dropping too
Edited by timbres667 - 01/23/2011 10:27 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32140 Posts
Posted 01/23/2011   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one Daniel,
I like to see stamps of the lesser exposed countries
on SCF.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2574 Posts
Posted 01/23/2011   11:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbres667 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Rod, I have more from Europa 2001 on water. I'll show more.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2574 Posts
Posted 01/23/2011   5:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbres667 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some more water dropping on a French Andorra stamp. Europa 2001

Edited by timbres667 - 01/23/2011 5:52 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32140 Posts
Posted 01/23/2011   5:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone aware if it is on public record
Annual sale of stamps in a given country?
Andorra would be very interesting.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2574 Posts
Posted 01/23/2011   6:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbres667 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Water also mean to many leisure or sports

Ireland

Edited by timbres667 - 01/23/2011 6:04 pm
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 02/07/2011   8:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spain 2009 Renewable Energy / Geothermal Energy:
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 03/07/2011   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Republic of South Africa (RSA), a mate to the Southwest Africa (SWA) one Rod posted a while back.

edit: oops, a picture would be nice
Edited by Puzzler - 03/07/2011 8:33 pm
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 03/07/2011   11:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
when I go to the gym I try not to overstay in the shower..i have seen people taking 15 or 20 minute showers...just because its not their water....it really annoys me !!
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 03/07/2011   11:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Running water, such as in a stream, invigorates one I think. As does living by the ocean. A different charge to the air, ions or some such.

A balance is best I think.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1513 Posts
Posted 03/08/2011   12:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bfranton to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are lovely. Thank you. Water... pure, no, pristine... a treasure.

Living here in SO CA where it is a premium, I often wonder at even watering the parkways with legal runoff as part of the water "recycyle" program.

Should we not be more concerned about adapting our "vistas" to something more water conserving... is there not beauty in cactus and xerescaping? Why do we continue to plant our roadways with plants which require mega water?

The snow pack is up this year... and wetter. Does that mean there is no water shortage? The population density is greater.

and thanks to other "conservation efforts" from northern CA, yhe preservation of obscure fish cause much of what was beautiful grove after grove of almond and fruit trees in the "central valley" to die. It is now a wasteland akin to something from dustbowls of the late 40-early 50s and "Grapes of Wrath."

While I do not advocate killing off species, I also would think there ought be a better balance between the species fish and those humans who built lives on irrigation for more than 50 years, on which some judge can just, now, turn off the faucet.

End of Rant... sorry if I offend.
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 03/08/2011   01:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are many sides to the story of our planet.

Climate and the many variants of survival techniques of flora and fauna always fascinate me.

Humans seem in the last century or two to be one of those sudden changes that the Earth goes through to change and adapt but it is confusing looking at it this way as what are we or the Earth adapting to or changing to at this time?

We are not generally long term thinkers. A generation or two maybe. We can look backwards pretty good but always think we are new and improved and we do things differently and with greater care or have influences that affect us and not those who came before us that makes all the difference.

Whoever has the bigger and faster club wins and gets to choose what happens. Interesting to read about but distressing to live through.
Valued Member
India
317 Posts
Posted 03/18/2011   11:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

One from India to publicize Govt's safe drinking water in villages project

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2574 Posts
Posted 03/19/2011   06:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbres667 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice stamp Alan. In Canada, we tend to forget that in many poor country, access to clean water is difficult.
Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 196 / Views: 43,362Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05