Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unusual Postcard! Read The Back Of This Card [:)]

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
387 Posts
Posted 05/18/2008   4:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add desertgem to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This very faded postcard at the face doesn't grab your attention, but read the back where the writer exclaims about this PC being in color. I try to show below that "night/day" effect. With light hitting the front, it is black/white picture. Look through it at a bright light and it has color !

Anyone else have a similar one? Berlin co.?

Guess I had better check eBay, these are very interesting.

Jim

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
USA
2470 Posts
Posted 05/18/2008   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modern_who to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's different. Wonder why this isn't being done today, at least on a novelty basis.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Larry, APS Member

Modern-Vue Stamps on eBay
Valued Member
387 Posts
Posted 05/18/2008   5:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add desertgem to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I have a friend who has one of the largest PC collection of Southern California, and I will give
her a call and she if she is familiar with this type. She knows most of the manufacturers and Post Card
companies of that era. I only have "odd" Post cards in my collection . I used to have a small
collection of the famous "French Postcards" of that era, but I suspect they have "disappeared".
Of course, I would never post such items on a family board.

Jim
Pillar Of The Community
USA
939 Posts
Posted 05/19/2008   03:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cimarron_Warrior to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim when you find out more info on this card please let us know I would love to keep an eye out for one. My fiance said I better start looking harder and find us one because she loved it. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Valued Member
387 Posts
Posted 05/19/2008   2:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add desertgem to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cimarron,

Here is the research I have done. The cards were made by W. Hagelberg in Berlin, here is some info on the Hold-To-Light cards.

http://www.classicards.com/htlinfo.htm

Here are some sources of the cards for sale

http://www.postcardworld.co.uk/card...elty/htl.htm Check the second one, it is the same as mine.

http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/0_PCV_M...m#thumbnails

http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/0_PCV_M...htm#postcard

And if you put " hold-to-light " in eBay search, 2 pages of items come up.

They are very interesting, and make up part of the "fun part" of collecting. Next time someone
with no interest in stamps come to visit, show one of these cards and they may change their
minds, or at least keep on the lookout for you.

Jim
Valued Member
387 Posts
Posted 05/19/2008   2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add desertgem to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Of course, if she gets interested in postcards , watch out !!

Jim
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1744 Posts
Posted 05/29/2008   1:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great postcard! I have never seen anything like that--awesome.
Thanks for posting!

Gussyboy1
Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not No How!"
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3722 Posts
Posted 05/29/2008   9:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderfull post card desertgem

I love all the neet stuff you guys post.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
USA
939 Posts
Posted 05/30/2008   03:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cimarron_Warrior to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found a postcard similar but, not quite as neat as this one. If you held it up to the light the moon and the windows in the church that was pictured would light up. I wish I had it so that I could scan it and show you guys but it would have knocked my monthly Stamp budget in the dirt becuse they wanted $30 for it and it didn't even have a stamp on it but, I just thought I would mention it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05