Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Biggest "Machin" I Have Ever Seen.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1927 Posts
Posted 02/28/2011   07:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well it may not really classify as a Machin, but it's the first one I've seen, so I thought I would share it with you. A normal Machin is posted as well for comparison.

Steve
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1961 Posts
Posted 02/28/2011   07:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jimjamtwo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got one of those in the mail this year, but I wasn't able to save it. I can't remember what when wrong, but I think it broke up into several pieces when I tried to soak it and lift it off the paper.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 02/28/2011   08:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These were discussed a while back.
Yours is a nice A - airmail.

http://goscf.com/t/10924
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1927 Posts
Posted 02/28/2011   08:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Triggersmob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link AnthonyUK.

I soaked mine off in hot water.
Must have been real lucky.
It has a bit of a crease on the right side,
as it was wrapped around the end of an envelope.

Steve
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4106 Posts
Posted 02/28/2011   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
someone has one for sale..
in this forum....as part of a lot.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 02/28/2011   10:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a big wad of them from the local Post Office
I am still after a few more of the newer 'non-perf' Type II

Steve,
You were lucky to soak it off in one piece as they are very fragile. Well done.

Edited by AnthonyUK - 02/28/2011 10:15 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3551 Posts
Posted 02/28/2011   10:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jhlovell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
AnthonyUK, if you will just send me that Machin you posted I will cut it in two and fix it so both of them are right side up
Edited by jhlovell - 02/28/2011 10:47 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 02/28/2011   11:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Email me your details and I'll send you one.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 02/28/2011   3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to show how easy these are to fake here's one I created with an obviously unused letter code.
I wouldn't buy any on eBay personally for this reason.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2277 Posts
Posted 02/28/2011   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nitrolures to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received a couple of them this year and they seem to have cuts or slits in them and are really thin when soaked. I never gave it much thought and sent them to my grandson (only 3yrs old) But his relatives are all from england so he gets my UK stuff and loves his album. Pretty sure the hot water was the trick and didn't try and ruch getting them off.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05