Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

French Export Stamp - Revenue? Help ID Please!

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1355 Posts
Posted 03/15/2011   08:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stampgal to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received a few of these recently, most stuck on to torn-off corners from unidentifiable documents. Most have damage where the document has been stapled through them, or they've been impaled on the office spike I assume by the words and illustrations they relate to the export of food products.
Anyone have any information about them, please?

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28867 Posts
Posted 03/15/2011   11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not seen before.
To the cinderella collector,
this is a beautiful thing.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6189 Posts
Posted 03/15/2011   1:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
To the cinderella collector,
this is a beautiful thing.

To a Flag-Cinderella collector, it is doubly beautiful

I have seen one or two before but know very little. A quality Control stamp, most likely issued by the Exporter after they receive the goods from the farms. They are also issued with the area of dispatch overprinted diagonally.
There is a letter under the label number at the bottom, but I cannot quite make out what letter it is. If Stampgal would be so kind.....

Are the others the same ?

Nice

Londonbus1
Edited by Londonbus1 - 03/15/2011 1:16 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1355 Posts
Posted 03/15/2011   1:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampgal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll put one aside for you Rod, and LB of course!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5774 Posts
Posted 03/15/2011   5:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty high production value...I don't recall ever seeing one of those in a lot of revenues or cinderellas. Neat.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1355 Posts
Posted 03/15/2011   6:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampgal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They are rather eye-catching. Sorry, LB, I missed your post before I posted before. To answer your question - the basic design is the same on each. The 7 digit reference number at the bottom is different on each one. The letter on the first example I showed is a "J". I also found an "I". I have two with an "A", both of which are not in stamp form, but are directly printed images, identical to the stamps.
Here's one of the directly printed ones

Most of the others are on corners which unfortunately give little additional info. This is also typical of the condition they are in - generally poor.

Edited by stampgal - 03/15/2011 6:49 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28867 Posts
Posted 03/16/2011   02:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anything on the reverse of the card Stamgal?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28867 Posts
Posted 03/16/2011   02:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I think this from one of our members blogs

http://www.stampcollectingblog.com/...-mystery.php

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1355 Posts
Posted 03/16/2011   05:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampgal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found that blog entry, I hadn't made the link to SCF, though!
There's nothing on the back of the stamp. I only have one off-paper to check, but I don't imagine the others are different.
Looks like it might remain a bit of a mystery...
Do you guys think I ought to move this to Cinderellas?
Edited by stampgal - 03/16/2011 05:17 am
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6189 Posts
Posted 03/16/2011   05:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you guys think I ought to move this to Cinderellas?

Londonbus1...the face says it all !
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28867 Posts
Posted 03/16/2011   05:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampgal,
I was wondering if there is anything
on the back of the <card> not the stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1355 Posts
Posted 03/16/2011   06:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampgal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Doh!
Sorry Rod. No, 'fraid not. just the fragments of words on the corners. Assume a business name ".... et fils" (and son), and a phone number. Not even sure exactly which era. Pre-1970, I think, going by the collection they came with.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28867 Posts
Posted 03/16/2011   09:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks,
probably a tag on a crate of apples or something.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6189 Posts
Posted 07/06/2011   02:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampgal may remember this from a few months ago

At the Stafford Stamp Fair I found a complete card. This one was for the exporting of Cauliflowers !

More research needed and maybe a better knowledge of the French language

Londonbus1
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1355 Posts
Posted 07/06/2011   04:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampgal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that, LB! I haven't been on SCF much lately, busy time at home, so I'm glad I caught this today.
I think all my examples have Finistere on them also.
I agree, a little more research will have it nailed, I think.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1355 Posts
Posted 07/06/2011   04:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampgal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just did a quick Google of Loius Maze and the company is listed in a directory here
http://www.europages.co.uk/MAZE-LOU...-xx/map.html
On another page they are described as "fruits et legumes frais vente en gros" which I believe means Wholesale Fresh Fruit and Vegetables.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05