Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Cinderellas!

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 41
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2372 Posts
Posted 04/20/2019   6:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got these a few days ago. Actual stamps were not part of the lot; they're just used for comparison and to show size.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
France
473 Posts
Posted 04/21/2019   02:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice tiny "children's post" stamps!
Valued Member
United States
444 Posts
Posted 04/24/2019   10:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26349 Posts
Posted 04/24/2019   11:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Again,
you have some lovely stuff in your stamp room, Tom.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2372 Posts
Posted 05/03/2019   5:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received this block of 8 in a large lot about a year ago. It doesn't quite look like the Hebrew alphabet I'm used to seeing on stamps, but the inclusion of the Syrian Green Lizard makes me think that the labels are from the Middle East.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26349 Posts
Posted 05/03/2019   7:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
New for me Bob, the icon in the top right hand corner should tell a story.
I have nothing.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2729 Posts
Posted 05/03/2019   8:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice labels Bob.

Google Translate suggests the text at the bottom means Society for the Protection of Nature (assuming of course that I've typed in the Hebrew letters correctly.)

I'm very happy to be corrected!

Nigel
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2372 Posts
Posted 05/03/2019   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Nigel!

Rod, I looked at the logo (which appears to be an orchid or iris) and thought that it really doesn't give any useful clue...but, of course I was wrong.
Edited by bookbndrbob - 05/03/2019 9:06 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26349 Posts
Posted 05/03/2019   9:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Smart fella, our Nigel.
PS: I HAD tried your cinders with Hebrew under "Yandex" image translator,...nothing.

In my "Unidentifieds" folders, I still have these two unaccounted for.........
(Neither are my stamps)

Edited by rod222 - 05/03/2019 9:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2372 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   12:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This well-produced cinderella first day cover from Spain promotes freedom for the Soviet satellite states of Eastern Europe. The Romanian "stamp" mimics the 1960 EUROPA omnibus issue of Western Europe with some important alterations, as seen. The label, in French, reads "European! Eliminate communism from your path to freedom in Eastern Europe!" The cancel, in Romanian reads "Freedom for Eastern Europe."

The lower part of the cachet is engraved. It reads, in Spanish "Eliminate communism from your path."

Valued Member
France
473 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   2:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Produced in Spain too,but by Croatians in exile.
"Europa 1968" on an unaddressed FDC
(written on the stamp : "Independent State of Croatia")

Edited by vayolene - 05/10/2019 2:09 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
94 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   2:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Cuba. 1950.

Commemorating the nation's flag.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
94 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   3:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Japan. Revenue. "Perfin".
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2372 Posts
Posted 05/11/2019   4:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are two more 1960 Europa design cindererlla first day covers. One stamp is perforated and the other is imperforate. These center on both Croatian independence and the liberation of Eastern Europe from Soviet communism. Inscriptions are in Serbo-Croatian, Spanish, and English.

The cachet is typographically printed in one color on these. There is no engraving.

Valued Member
France
473 Posts
Posted 05/13/2019   05:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Europa 1962" cinderella,produced in France by a breton independentist party.
"Breiz-Frankiz" means "Brittany-Freedom" in breton language.

Page: of 41 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05