Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Cinderellas!

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 43
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1124 Posts
Posted 05/14/2019   05:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From the 1905 Lewis and Clark Exposition held in Portland Oregon.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Robert
Edited by stampfan9 - 05/14/2019 05:12 am
Pillar Of The Community
France
605 Posts
Posted 05/14/2019   05:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Europa 1966" design on these labels (made by anti-Soviet activists) for Russia,Ukraine and the Baltic States.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
223 Posts
Posted 05/17/2019   11:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Regarding my post of May 10, 2018 at 300 pm...

Today received copy of Hasegawa's Japanese Revenue Stamp Catalogue(2016 edition).

The stamp is question is a "Cash Envelope Seal" (Catalogue # PB10) from 1954.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
876 Posts
Posted 05/19/2019   1:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampfan9, thanks for posting those Lewis & Clark Expo Cinderellas. I lived in Portland for 12 years, but haven't seen those before. A handful of buildings from that fair are still standing but most have been moved to new locations.
Edited by GregAlex - 05/19/2019 1:53 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
702 Posts
Posted 05/19/2019   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Calstamp, another note about your Japanese "Cash Envelope Seal": Because of the limited editing window, it's too late to fix your original post, but the image is upside-down.
Pillar Of The Community
1957 Posts
Posted 06/01/2019   04:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've ran into these cinderellas. To me, they look as Turkish WWI cinderellas; but, I know next to nothing on this field. Any expert could give some more information? Thank you very much in advance.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26718 Posts
Posted 06/01/2019   04:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely stuff Cursus!
Very early (and unlisted in Scott) Postal Tax stamps.
The surcharged Flag issues are 1916.
Edited by rod222 - 06/01/2019 04:46 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
223 Posts
Posted 06/01/2019   05:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Rod...

Are you familiar with the site yanstan dot com?

Wonderful resource for Red Crescent and Chiildren's Welfare stamps.

Jim
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26718 Posts
Posted 06/01/2019   06:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,
yes I am, albeit I have moved over to McDonald revenue catalogue
for being contiguous with my other 'revenues" and Postal tax issues.

That being said, I am not sure, if McDonald cover the 1916 issues, I'll have to check.
The "Go to" is of course Isfila revenue catalogue, but a bit expensive for me at the moment.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26718 Posts
Posted 06/01/2019   07:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cursus,
just noticed your 5 gurush is surcharged 2 paras?
I have not seen that before, I'll have to check my notes.
Pillar Of The Community
1957 Posts
Posted 06/01/2019   07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much, Rod.
Truly, I had no idea of what they were. These "stamps" apeared on a box, given to a charity shop in Barcelona. As I take care of the stamps field on that shop and nobody cares on no-postal stamps I get them for a token price. So, I kept them. But, I only know a little on Catalan cinderella; hence, this post.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26718 Posts
Posted 06/01/2019   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cursus,
lucky you, nice story of your charity shop.
Kindness paying back I'd warrant.

Going on Jim's advice, your Flag stamps (IF) unoverprinted, was 150 mint 90 used.

Overprinted as yours, and varieties 5
https://www.yanstan.com/TURKEY/REPU...G/ONLYRC.htm

Your first Opt stamp Top left has me beat.
It exists in a blue Opt (McDonald#31) 20pa on 1k
Your opt looks like "27"
I'll have to leave that one to the Turkish experts.
Edited by rod222 - 06/01/2019 5:14 pm
Pillar Of The Community
1957 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   01:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much Rod. Some nice "exotic" keepers.The average level gives you an idea of the items' values.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2764 Posts
Posted 06/03/2019   6:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cursus and Rod,

The surcharge is "20" as Rod says, but I can see how it could like like a "27".

The Turkish figure "2" is clear but the "0" is a fat dot that has been struck on the left side of the original Turkish "1" to give the combined appearance of a "7".

I read this as McDonald Red Crescent Society #30, 20pa on 1k red, yellow & black, surcharged in black.
Nigel
Edited by nigelc - 06/03/2019 6:25 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26718 Posts
Posted 06/03/2019   8:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The surcharge is "20" as Rod says, but I can see how it could like like a "27".

The Turkish figure "2" is clear but the "0" is a fat dot that has been struck on the left side of the original Turkish "1" to give the combined appearance of a "7".

Amazing !
You are a whizz Nigel, I can see that now.
Bravo ! you.

Page: of 43 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 14.51 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05