Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Cinderellas!

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 43
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2735 Posts
Posted 06/07/2019   12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This card commemorates the 75th anniversary of the Gotha airmail flight. It was mailed to me by my trading partner in Gotha, Germany (DDR). Have not seen another of the commemorative Cinderella.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France
542 Posts
Posted 06/08/2019   01:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An "unused" copy :
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
689 Posts
Posted 06/08/2019   06:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found all these in among my Spanish stamps. I presume all are Spanish cinerellas - does anyone know anything about them?

Pillar Of The Community
France
542 Posts
Posted 06/08/2019   07:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On second row those are charity stamps.
They were issued in 1944/45 to raise funds for the benefit of Orphaned Children of Telegraph Workers.
They exist with or without overprint
(Ceuta and Melilla are two spanish towns in Morocco)

Edited by vayolene - 06/08/2019 07:28 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
689 Posts
Posted 06/08/2019   08:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. So they're not cinderellas then. Were they additional stamps, or did they cover postage in their own right?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
583 Posts
Posted 06/08/2019   08:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
1934 Posts
Posted 06/08/2019   09:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 2nd item on the first row, is a cinderella, issued on the island of Mallorca around 1960 to promote turism. The 3rd and 4th items on the first row are cinderellas, issued by the fascist side (Franco's) of the 1936/39 war on the city of Lugo (Gaicia, NW of Spain).
Pillar Of The Community
United States
583 Posts
Posted 06/08/2019   4:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Regarded as Cinderellas. Both likely forgeries based on paper type.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posta...thern_Epirus

Pillar Of The Community
United States
652 Posts
Posted 06/09/2019   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldtriguy1960 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found this item in an envelope of random stamps I had picked up several years ago - garage sale type of thing. Finally got around to getting into the envelope and found this interesting piece.

From what I could find on the internet: The UHAA was formed in May 1934, then in 1960 merged with the Horological Institute of America to form the American Watchmakers Institute.
So that would place this item as pre 1960.

Just sharing it because I found it interesting, but if anyone wants it, contact me.

Edited by oldtriguy1960 - 06/09/2019 9:12 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
583 Posts
Posted 06/13/2019   10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
314 Posts
Posted 06/15/2019   12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ekbustad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At PIPEX last month, I picked up this wreck of a cover with two interesting fund raising labels on it.

The label at the upper right was sold to raise funds for the building of LZ-127, the Graf Zeppelin. More information on it can be found at http://goscf.com/t/53136. It was apparently issued in August of 1925.

The second label is a bit of a mystery to me. It seems to show a map of Upper Silesia (Oberschlesien in German) with two hands pulling parts of it away. Obviously referring to its partition following WW1. My question is: Who issued the label? A possible clue is that above the price of 5 Pfg. is found "B. H. SCH.". [The "B" make look more like a "D" in the scan, but a close look reveals it to be a "B".] I was thinking some group with a name such as "Bund Hilfe Schlesien", but cannot find any reference to such a group on the web.
Pillar Of The Community
France
542 Posts
Posted 06/16/2019   01:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi.
B is not for Bund. "Bund" means "Federation" and in 1925 Germany was not yet a Federation.
In numismatics "BH Schlesien" refers to old coins from Silesia (B.H. stands for Burkhart Hase)but it may be nothing but a coincidence
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1121 Posts
Posted 06/16/2019   10:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From 1954 Indiana Heart Foundation "Save a Heart" cinderellas and Air Mail etiquettes:

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6180 Posts
Posted 06/16/2019   3:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice sheet stampfan !
Love the Etiquettes.

Imperf sheet of 10 commemorating 50 Years of the French Cinderella Society, 'L'Arc en Ciel'.

Valued Member
United States
314 Posts
Posted 06/23/2019   1:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ekbustad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
B is not for Bund. "Bund" means "Federation" and in 1925 Germany was not yet a Federation.
In numismatics "BH Schlesien" refers to old coins from Silesia (B.H. stands for Burkhart Hase)but it may be nothing but a coincidence

"Bund" could also be part of the name of some private organization. For example, there is the "Bund der Vertriebenen" https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bund_...Vertriebenen, an federation of organizations representing Germans expelled from lands lost to Germany after WW2.

I am certainly aware that the Bundesrepublik Deutschland did not come into existence until some time after WW2. [23 May 1949 according to Wikipedia.]
Page: of 43 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05