Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Cinderellas!

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 45
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1347 Posts
Posted 11/03/2019   11:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The artist is Paul Aigner (1905 - 1984)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by 22crows - 11/04/2019 01:34 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27485 Posts
Posted 11/04/2019   01:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The artist is Paul Aigner (1905 or 1909 - 1984)

Whaaat ! you can't be serious Jill
You have done it again, havn't you?
You are one amazing lady..............

My girl is now in colour.... (swoon)
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27485 Posts
Posted 11/04/2019   01:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tribute to Paul Aigner...
(and confirming 2 SCF genuine "Poster Stamps")
https://www.austrianposters.at/2017...paul-aigner/
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3271 Posts
Posted 11/04/2019   11:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. Thanks 22crows. Nice link Rod. Interesting to see the original use of the images.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3271 Posts
Posted 11/05/2019   11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a full sheet of 1990 Christmas/anti-tuberculosis seals of "Kuratorium Tuberculose in der Welt e.v." of Gauting, Germany. Gauting is a suburb of Munich. Second and third pics show close ups of several of the seals. Second pic is Robert Koch's incubator, and third is a pneumothorax apparatus.

From netzcraft.net website, "The Kuratorium Tuberculosis in the World has been a non profit-making organization (NGO) since 1979. Its aim is to tackle the problem of tuberculosis in developing countries. It supports and runs tuberculosis health care clinics, high security laboratories and research projects for the diagnosis and treatment of tuberculosis, the epidemic which has the highest number of fatalities every year in developing countries."

Pillar Of The Community
1985 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   06:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nüremberg (Bavaria), June 15th 1913. German Athletics Federation 1st Relay race, Prinz regent trophy.

Valued Member
67 Posts
Posted 11/12/2019   4:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aviatik to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The image optimizer really throttled these back.They look much better in person. These are all that's left of a big sheet. I've been sending them out on my monthly correspondence.
Valued Member
67 Posts
Posted 11/12/2019   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aviatik to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Anyone remember trading stamps? My mother was a fan of S+H green stamps which is why I don't have any. She traded them all in at a local S+H store back in the day. I suspect I only have these because King Korn was out of her jurisdiction.
Valued Member
67 Posts
Posted 11/12/2019   4:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aviatik to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Not exactly a Cinderella but you were supposed to collect them like stamps. They came in boxes of Red Rose tea. When you had collected enough of them you were supposed to send for an album to paste them in.
As a kid I had a full album of their bird series but it has been lost to time. I think today they include little molded plaster tchotchkes in the boxes.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27485 Posts
Posted 11/12/2019   5:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6408 Posts
Posted 11/12/2019   6:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aviatik, I had that album (it's still kicking around here somewhere) as well as the 'Wildlife in Danger' collection. I was always thrilled when my Mum ran out of tea!
Valued Member
67 Posts
Posted 11/13/2019   3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aviatik to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here's the back of the Red Rose Card. I remember being at my moms' elbow when she brought home the groceries to get my card but I didn't like tea.

rod222-- Was King Korn an Australian business? If so, it's a real head scratcher how the stamps ended up where I found them.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27485 Posts
Posted 11/13/2019   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
rod222-- Was King Korn an Australian business? If so, it's a real head scratcher how the stamps ended up where I found them.

Aviatik, I have it as U.S. (I collect worldwide) albeit not my image.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
762 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   02:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aecht Franck Kaffee-Zusatz poster stamp featuring Struwwelpeter (Shock-headed Peter), one of my favorite characters from children's literature. The inscription translates to "A favorite of the world of children: Struwwelpeter. The favorite of the housewife: Aecht Franck Coffee Supplement."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Struwwelpeter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3271 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   12:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This circa 1910 advertising label of Kochel-Braeu beer of Munich is done in an Art Nouveau style.

Page: of 45 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05