Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Cinderellas!

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 45
Valued Member
67 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   3:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aviatik to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I was thinking of putting these individually on my correspondence. If anyone still pays attention to envelopes I wonder what they'd make of them.

Shock Head Peter looks like he could have been an inspiration for Freddy Kruger.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27490 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If anyone still pays attention to envelopes I wonder what they'd make of them.

These are referred to as "Selection Stamps", name coined by the Cinderella collector Arthur Mongan sp?

See my thread "Selection Stamps... and you thought gum was tacky"
http://goscf.com/t/8003

PS: Can you spot the Forgery on your item ?
Edited by rod222 - 11/14/2019 6:56 pm
Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wigeon44 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Any information on this one appreciated.

Valued Member
67 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   10:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aviatik to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rod222--You got me with the forgery question. The closest I can come is maybe one of the stamps represents a nonexistent album. I know coupon companies used to do that to catch scammers.I don't know any other reason for forging junk mail.
Valued Member
67 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aviatik to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rod222--I did some googling on King Korn. It was a midwestern US company created specifically to compete with S+H green stamps. They were apparently very successful but I can't remember them being around my east coast part of the US.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27490 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   10:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aviatic,
just a bit of fun....

Quote:
You got me with the forgery question

That was the stamp advertising "Milli Vanilli"
Milli Vanilli: The Biggest Hoax In The Music Industry
Lip Syncing

Edited by rod222 - 11/14/2019 10:42 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
542 Posts
Posted 11/15/2019   07:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Germany circa 1910.

Schwalbenseife. Soap that floats, washes and bleeches.

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
542 Posts
Posted 11/16/2019   03:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A few more.

Gloria Sponges circa 1910.

Tag Cigarettes, Stuttgart Germany circa 1910 strip of 4.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3271 Posts
Posted 11/18/2019   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an old letter seal of a Munich dealer of artists' supplies. The "Munich child" symbol, or mascot is holding brushes and a palette here. Back in the 12th century an adult monk was used in the city seal, but over the centuries he became a child.

From the stein-collectors.org website, "It is not known when the 'Munich child' appeared in the coat of arms for the first time or who gave it the sympathetic name. Some representations in the fifteenth century already show the child instead of the monk. The metamorphosis was not brought about by some order of the sovereign, but instead by artists."

Valued Member
United States
31 Posts
Posted 12/03/2019   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
New and just learned that this is my first Cinderella. Nora.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
542 Posts
Posted 12/04/2019   02:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In addition to boobbndrbob's seal. A few more Munich child.

Dr Staeble. A Photo camera company(later production shifted to lenses)

Zuban cigarettes.

Page: of 45 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05