Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Cinderellas!

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 797 / Views: 125,931Next Topic
Page: of 54
Valued Member
United States
15 Posts
Posted 06/19/2022   10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostalCardCachet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My Post above:

Let's See Your Cinderellas!
http://goscf.com/t/13703&whichpage=52#740572

has been reposted to:
Disney Combat Insignia Stamps
http://goscf.com/t/49485#740748

Thank you for telling me about this second related topic.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
Posted 07/18/2022   10:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Alan B to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a different one still in the wrap as my brother bought it.

Alan
3 Posts
Posted 07/19/2022   09:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FRV to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a satirical anti-war stamp from Zombieland (Russia), the design of which is based on a Nazi issue from 1938. Russian symbols, including the government's pro-war Z symbol (from whence Zombieland), replace German ones.

The text refers to both Orwell's anti-totalitarian novel "1984" and the ideology of the Russian Mir, which means both "world" and "peace".

From left to right: Freedom is Slavery. Russian Peace (conflating this with Orwell's War is Peace slogan). Ignorance is Strength.

I've uploaded two images for comparison: one of the above stamp and one of the original.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1310 Posts
Posted 08/08/2022   12:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1438 Posts
Posted 08/10/2022   06:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two very small cinderellas in my collection.

I don't know anything about their history.

Robert
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36823 Posts
Posted 08/10/2022   07:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert
http://goscf.com/t/37130 br /

Other one I get "Anti Blasphemous stamp"
Edited by rod222 - 08/10/2022 07:13 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36823 Posts
Posted 08/10/2022   07:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ANTI BLASPHEMY (Italian)

Also municipality of Verona

Edited by rod222 - 08/10/2022 07:21 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8295 Posts
Posted 08/10/2022   08:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Anti Blasphemy Day"? I think they take themselves much too seriously.......
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36823 Posts
Posted 08/10/2022   10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps so,
I certainly am not the language police,
and find a good curse helps when I hit my thumb with the hammer.

But the hearing of young folk, use every second word
turns me right off.
Like fingernails across a blackboard.

On a positive note, it seems we both were surprised at the
usage of the Cinderella.
Philately continues to surprise us.

Edited by rod222 - 08/10/2022 10:20 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8295 Posts
Posted 08/10/2022   1:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At the same time, I know young people who never curse, and middle aged people who curse up a storm. There is no end to the variety of Cinderellas........
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
195 Posts
Posted 09/15/2022   9:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Any info appreciated.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1018 Posts
Posted 09/16/2022   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DonSellos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know who produced this cinderella, but it obviously commemorates the 200th anniversary of the start of the Revolutionary War with the battles of Lexington and Concord where the first shots were fired on April 19, 1775.

A Bi-Centennial item, perhaps.

DonSellos
Edited by DonSellos - 09/16/2022 12:57 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36823 Posts
Posted 09/16/2022   4:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe a connection here

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1310 Posts
Posted 09/19/2022   10:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From the mid 1970's:

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1310 Posts
Posted 11/04/2022   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From "Wikipedia: The Aero Club of America was a social club formed in 1905 by Charles Jasper Glidden and Augustus Post, among others, to promote aviation in America. It was the parent organization of numerous state chapters, the first being the Aero Club of New England. It thrived until 1923, when it transformed into the National Aeronautic Association, which still exists today. It issued the first pilot's licenses in the United States, and successful completion of its licensing process was required by the United States Army for its pilots until 1914. It sponsored numerous air shows and contests. Cortlandt Field Bishop was president in 1910. Starting in 1911, new president Robert J. Collier began presenting the Collier Trophy."

[
Robert
Page: of 54 Previous TopicReplies: 797 / Views: 125,931Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05