Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Telegraph Insulators On Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 173 / Views: 18,638Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7138 Posts
Posted 03/10/2020   4:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one from Mexico, commemorating the 50th anniversary of the revolution and nationalization of the electric utilities.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6525 Posts
Posted 03/10/2020   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This Norwegian Blue has gone missing from my post on the previous page, so I'll repost here.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35184 Posts
Posted 03/10/2020   7:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely to see this thread reactivated, thanks for the additions.
Pertinent, as I have just watched a fabulous film from Iceland.
"Woman at war"
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7138 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   12:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postal tax stamps of Mozambique, 1965. These (Sc #s RA66-7) appear to be tax stamps imposed on users of the postal system to improve the telecommunications network. They are from a set of four, with two smaller stamps of a different design, also with insulators.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
109 Posts
Posted 01/21/2022   11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello!

I found this topic and being very excited. It seems not really moving right now, but just in case I might revive the discussion with you again.

One stamp from Luxembourg in 1992 - Telegraph Insulators On Stamps in Stained Glass form.

I have a question to ask you experts. Are there difference between telegraph insulators and electrical insulators??
Edited by tomonakaazu - 01/21/2022 12:20 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35184 Posts
Posted 01/21/2022   5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The problem with Thematics on SCF here, is the ability to
recall which stamps are posted.

I have 50 Insulators on Postage stamps, but as it is not a
full blown interest, I gave up.
Scrolling through multiple pages is taxing.

Insulators is a budding thematic, Linn's has a whole page on this discipline. (It may also answer your query))

Thanks for the Luxembourg, not seen that before.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
109 Posts
Posted 01/22/2022   08:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your reply, rod222.

And yes, I share the format problem - but too many precious conversations are in the forum already, it is rather difficult to transport whole into new service, I guess.

Linn's - wow. Thank you for your suggestion. I will learn about the topic more there. I have nominated below, which I found it in the article.. even that, not posted in this forum, so I am sharing.

From 1951 Argentina: lovely insulators on the frame, and the telephone tells me their usage.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
109 Posts
Posted 01/22/2022   08:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And one more;
several ITU Centenary stamps are featured here - I am adding one from Japan. They are porcelain insulators and there are collectors for them, too.

17 May 1965, Japan

Valued Member
United Kingdom
109 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   07:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
15 August 1985, Vietnam
40th Anniversary of Postal and Telecommunications Service

This is obviously an image of telegraph insulations.

Edited by tomonakaazu - 01/23/2022 07:51 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
70 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   08:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is such a great and unique topical idea
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2891 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   3:34 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, an UPDATE for this topic! :-)
Valued Member
United Kingdom
109 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   11:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to see some reactions! : )

Judging by the insulator's shape and compare a stamp from Turkey in 1979, featured by timbres667 in 2012 (wow, 10 years and 3 days ago!) this colourful ones should be Telegraph Insulators.

Turkey 1983

Edited by tomonakaazu - 01/24/2022 12:44 pm
Valued Member
Canada
54 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DeeBee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a friend who collects real telegraph insulators. I'll tell him about this stamp thematic. His late father was a collector and he'll appreciate it.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
109 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   05:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1959 Indonesia: Colombo Plan Conference

These are nice ones - using only 2 colours, yet usage of black ink is effectively depicting the round section of the insulator. This should be the telegraph insulator by curved stem supporting the insulator from the bottom - and the Colombo Plan was about economical connection between countries, so it makes sense.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
109 Posts
Posted 01/29/2022   08:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bulgaria

5 November 1947
"Postal Employees' Relief Fund"
design: D. Gyudzhenov

This is the second earliest Insulator on stamp (the oldest is 1944 US, pink stamp already featured here by Russ), and this one is asking contributions for postal workers.
Edited by tomonakaazu - 01/29/2022 08:36 am
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 173 / Views: 18,638Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05