Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Amazing Stamp Forum We Have! Part 2--feedback

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 53
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1128 Posts
Posted 01/22/2019   10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just saw this thread. Rod, your post from March last year reminded me I received a letter from the Netherlands last July with the same leaflet and the same green tape. As a matter of fact, virtually every letter I've received from the Netherlands was opened by Customs. I wonder why that could be.........
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
26487 Posts
Posted 01/23/2019   12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder why that could be.........

Netherlands, Amsterdam...........
I don't wish to characterise that lovely country, but it seems to have a reputation, esp. in customs.
Comforting that there are people out there looking out for the scourge of drugs. Spoiled some of my nice stamps, but a low price to pay.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3722 Posts
Posted 01/23/2019   07:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update guys glad the stamps made it.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3133 Posts
Posted 01/23/2019   10:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And thank you to Rob for the New Zealand Definitives. They arrived in great shape and will definitely find a place in my collection.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
610 Posts
Posted 02/01/2019   1:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A very big thank you to Scott (ClassicPhilatelist) for the Scott #89 which arrived safely. Scans attached.

Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
Posted 02/05/2019   12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add qaman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just received my stamps from Diane, thank you very much. I always enjoy reading your posts missed you while you were out.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3722 Posts
Posted 02/05/2019   1:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for letting me know qaman.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
673 Posts
Posted 02/12/2019   12:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ClassicPhilatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
dutchman,
Glad it arrived, and your scans are great!
We might do something like this again in the near future.
Cheers,
-S
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3722 Posts
Posted 02/15/2019   09:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Halfpenny Yellow

Received your packet of Malta

Thank you very much

Dianne
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
Posted 02/16/2019   11:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am so glad to be a part of this wonderful forum. I won't mention any names but, for a brief while, I was a member of an Australian forum governed by a despot who loved bullying people. Don't get me wrong, there are some really nice people on the forum, but the forum owner will blast anyone for anything that might contradict his views or that he doesn't like. Not to mention the fact that he belittles members for asking what, in his opinion are stupid questions. I have seen several stamp collecting beginners never return after being treated in this fashion. I hope that their experience doesn't sour them on the hobby. Not to belittle what they went through, but being on that forum made me realize how the Germans under Hitler must have felt. Watch what you say and don't disagree with the supreme leader., who is NEVER wrong. Many here may know the forum of which I speak and, for those that don't, I hope you never find out.

Contrast the above with this forum. Of course there are rules that we all must follow, but you can voice an opinion without being publicly belittled by the administration. I enjoy reading a rousing debate and, by weighing the points of both sides, can form an opinion of my own. Here there are no personal attacks for stating your opinion, only that it's okay to agree to disagree.

Thank you to all those who make this forum possible and for making it a comfortable place to learn about, debate, and drool over stamps.
Edited by Coastwatcher - 02/16/2019 11:29 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1128 Posts
Posted 02/17/2019   01:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hear Hear Coastwatcher Simply couldn't agree more. This is the best, friendliest and busiest stamp forum on Earth without any doubt. I'm very happy to be a part of such a warm helpful community. Long may we continue!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3722 Posts
Posted 02/22/2019   07:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received a wonderful lot of Australian stamps from Rod.

I have not yet had time to have a good look but I am certain there are quite a few in there that I will need.

Tanks a bunch buddy.

Dianne
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
26487 Posts
Posted 02/22/2019   2:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dianne,
Always nice to hear packages arrive safely.
Lots of work there for you
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3133 Posts
Posted 02/22/2019   10:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks to Rascal for the very large packet of Netherlands stamps that just arrived today. A great batch for a rainy day.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
172 Posts
Posted 02/23/2019   10:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Turtle2900 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't agree more with CoastWatcher and many others... what a fabulous forum, resource and collection of humans. I have learned so much from you all (and even those we have lost). The history of research and information is amazing. While sometimes I read some frustration in the replies to the newbie questions and uninformed, it is quickly forgotten or balanced out with the welcoming words of another member or helpful direction of a veteran philatelist. Thank you again for invigorating my love of stamps.
Page: of 53 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05