Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Non-Denominated (Nvi) Stamp Reference

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 6,628Next Topic  
Learn More...
United States
4729 Posts
Posted 05/21/2011   3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add kirks to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
US Non-denominated (aka NVI) Stamps up to the Liberty Bell Forever Stamp of 2007

I can never find this when I need it, so I decided to scan and post it here ...
KirkS

Send note to Staff
Edited by kirks - 05/21/2011 4:37 pm

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33606 Posts
Posted 05/21/2011   3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Nice community spirit there Kirk 9/10

To get full marks, you would have put NVI in
the threat topic, for searching.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1355 Posts
Posted 05/21/2011   4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampgal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Kirk
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
617 Posts
Posted 05/21/2011   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dave9911 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot! it's always a challenge for me when I try to identify these ones.
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 05/21/2011   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This USPS Guide is also helpful for identifying the non denominated postage stamps and postal stationery items:

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals...00/Q604a.pdf
Valued Member
United States
302 Posts
Posted 05/23/2011   9:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add panda.bear to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!
Rest in Peace
United States
1225 Posts
Posted 05/25/2011   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add artlaunier to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KirkS,

Many years ago Linn's printed a sheet showing the then current items. I keep it with my Album. Nice to see an updated page.

Thanks.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. (The exact & entire wording of the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution)
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33606 Posts
Posted 02/12/2019   11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Some NVI and Non Listed, passing over the desk, today.
All Year 2011

Learn More...
United States
4729 Posts
Posted 02/13/2019   09:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Rod, my friend.

I always enjoy it when you resurrect the old threads :-)
Valued Member
163 Posts
Posted 02/13/2019   11:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wait, those particular 2011 Forever stamps are worth only 44 cents of postage, not the current 55?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7723 Posts
Posted 02/13/2019   11:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, they are now worth 55 cents.

Peter
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33606 Posts
Posted 02/13/2019   10:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Kirk,
your first post was very helpful, when I began, it is good to return.

Quote:
Wait, those particular 2011 Forever stamps are worth only 44 cents of postage, not the current 55?

I presume forever stamps have a "floating value" 44c was the relative price at release, and attract the current rate when used at any time later.

Valued Member
163 Posts
Posted 02/13/2019   10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since you listed just those 2011 Forever issues to me it seemed you were expressing something special about them. As you may know, the USPS has issued hundreds if not thousands of equivalent NVI Forever stamps since 2011.
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   9:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
'
The 20191021 issue of Linn's features a three-page spread entitled:

Postage values for nondenominated US postage stamps

It includes an image, postage value, Scott number, and the FDoI.

That issue was a freebie at NOJEX.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 03/09/2020   06:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dgwhite87 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting this Kirks. Definitely going to refer to this page more often and bookmark this.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
503 Posts
Posted 03/09/2020   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Morning all,

News flash! Modern mint US stamps selling for more than face value? I know the works of Mark Twain are almost immortal but forever? He would get a laugh out of his stamp now being worth fifty five cents or eleven cents more than face value.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 6,628Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05