Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Swedish Treskilling (Blue Green Not Yellow)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 05/25/2011   10:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add marckx to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have the blue-green Swedish Treskilling (Scott Swedish #1)

It has the same typo on the I in SKILL as in this image:

and if I read the Scott 1990 and 2005 catalogs correctly, the stamp with the typo is very valuable (though not the $2.5 million this stamp in yellow is worth)

On the note from an appraiser (done in 1991), it says:

"The above pictured stamp is SWEDEN, Scott #1, 2nd REPRINT 1868, 3 s, perf. 14 and is in my opinion GENUINE, unused, no gum, short cornerperf. U.R., no other faults."

My question is, would a reprint also have this typo? How does one then determine it's a reprint? I'll add that this typo is also noted on the back of the card the stamp is mounted in.

Mark
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28058 Posts
Posted 05/26/2011   12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

of your original error.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 05/26/2011   01:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add marckx to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK :)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6718 Posts
Posted 05/26/2011   02:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Welcome to Stamp Community Forum, Mark!

The "I-" appears on ALL the official reprints of this stamp. It is a sufficient condition to ID the stamp as a reprint.

1885 reprints are perf 13.

The 1868 1st reprint, 1868 2nd reprint, and 1871 reprint, are IDed by the stamp color and density of the background. Can't help you with that, so I will assume that the original person certifying the stamp knew how to distinguish between the three perf 14 reprints.

Even though it is not an original, the official reprints still have a pretty hefty catalog value.

Nice stamp to have!

k
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 05/26/2011   09:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add marckx to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks much, khj, for the info. And thanks too, rod222, I will definitely post a pic of anything I have a query on in the OP.
Valued Member
358 Posts
Posted 05/26/2011   8:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott Specialized Cat 2005 lists the perf reprints starting around the $325 range and up
Valued Member
Canada
5 Posts
Posted 01/14/2020   06:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rikys905 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all! I have several Treskilling stamps including 4, 6, 8 and 24, but they all have 2 black lines over the "Tre Skill" on the bottom. I am curious if anyone knows, or could point me in the right direction to what these lines are, and possibly the type of reprints these are. Thanks!!
Edited by Rikys905 - 01/14/2020 10:46 am
Learn More...
7547 Posts
Posted 01/14/2020   06:27 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Canada
5 Posts
Posted 01/14/2020   09:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rikys905 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the help...I've deleted the first upload, and added a better one..This is 3, but the others have the black lines in the same spot.

Edited by Rikys905 - 01/14/2020 10:48 am
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2365 Posts
Posted 01/14/2020   11:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The barred versions are the 1955 reprints.(fACIT 471...)
Stockholmia 55 Fair _ 100th year commemoration of the first stamps.
Found on FDC's
Edited by perf12 - 01/14/2020 11:52 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4421 Posts
Posted 01/14/2020   12:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From my collection -----
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2365 Posts
Posted 01/14/2020   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
marckx: The 1868 II reprint of the 3 skilling has the thickend right vertical frame due to a shifted transfer.Also the first "R" in Frimarke is deformed below and looks like a "B".
So this is cliché no.5 or(e) in the 9 types (a-i).(3X3).The color is green with no tint of blue for 1868 II.
Valued Member
Canada
5 Posts
Posted 01/14/2020   5:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rikys905 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome!!! I have several books of Estonian, Finnish, WW2, Swedish, Canadian stamps that I'm trying to sort through. Again, thanks for your help!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05